http://www.mtv.com/news/headlines/000524/story10.html
(visit the link above for the realaudio of dan talking).

5.24.00 15:15 EDT
Sunny Day Real Estate "Rising" With
New LP, Tour

Perhaps best known as Seattle's preeminent
emo-core band, Sunny Day Real Estate is
preparing for the release of its fourth studio LP,
titled "The Rising Tide," due out on June 20.

That same day, SDRE plans to kick off a summer
tour in support of "The Rising Tide" with a
hometown show at The Showbox, and dates are
currently scheduled through a July 31 date in
Portland, Oregon.

"The Rising Tide" is Sunny Day Real Estate's
follow-up to last year's "Live" album and 1998's
"How It Feels To Be Something On," the latter of
which marked the group's first record since
reforming in 1997 after a two-year hiatus (see
"Sunny Day Real Estate Reunites").

For the new album, the band slimmed down to a
three-piece consisting of frontman Jeremy Enigk,
who plays bass on "The Rising Tide," guitarist Dan
Hoerner, and drummer William Goldsmith.

Hoerner recently talked with MTV News about how
Sunny Day Real Estate was purposefully patient in
cutting "The Rising Tide," an album that grew out of
lengthy jam sessions with the record's producer,
Lou Giordano.

"We really took our time with this one,"
Hoerner explained. "I think we all wanted it to
be the best record that we've ever made. After
having done 'How It Feels…,' which was us
trying to figure out how to get back up on our
feet after having broken up, we went into this
record wanting it to be something that we had
a chance to try and complete every vision
with.

"The producer, Lou, came over
to Seattle and we basically just
jammed and wrote for a
month," he continued, "showing
him songs that we had and
creating new stuff. We really
took the time there to try and
craft it like we haven't ever
done in the past, and playing
that stuff as a three-piece was
such a blast, man.

"I got to pretend like I was in The Police. It
was so cool, and Enigk is just an amazing bass
player. He's so good, and it was such a joy.
We would jam for like six hours, and then
we'd stop and get some food. Then we'd be
like, 'Oh sh**, we gotta play some more. Let's
go and get back in there and play.' It was
totally fun like that, total energy."

The first single from "The Rising Tide" is for the
track "One," which is currently being worked on
alternative and college radio.

Dates for Sunny Day Real Estate's summer tour:

6/20 - Seattle, WA @ Showbox
6/22 - Salt Lake City, UT @ Bricks
6/23 - Boulder, CO @ Fox Theatre
6/25 - Lawrence, KS @ Bottleneck