So, Jeremy only thanks one person in the liner notes of the CD, someone
named "Larry".

My guess is it is Larry Packer, who played various string instruments in the
orchestration of the CD, and it looks like he wrote the arrangement for Rain
Song.

If this isn't it, your guess is as good as mine!
-rob :)