> This may be just me, but has anybody who had the good fortune
> to attend a
> show of the recent tour been a bit disenchanted by the
> HIFTBSO tour live
> cd as a result?

i attended the lawrence shows on both legs of the hiftbso tour, and i was
incredibly disenchanted by the live cd. that cd is definitely not
reprsentative of that tour.

> I've been listening to it, and though it captured the
> energy and mood of that tour, the songs on it that were
> played both tours
> just don't stack up to how they were played this tour.

that's a nice way of saying the live cd (and video) sucks ass. it does.

i have listened to it only a handful of times, hoping each time i would pick
up on something i had previously missed. each time i played it, it kept
getting worse and worse. the cd barely captured their live performance, the
sound sucks, the band sounds they didn't even give a shit about the music...
it is merely a mediocre album. as for the video... for fuck's sake it
doesn't even include days were golden. nice.

of course, i guess it doesn't help that i picked up the live portishead
album about a week before, and that is a complete masterpiece as far as live
albums go.

ah, anyway...

-j.

************** this message brought to you by:
jason "d." sheets
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http:www.nwmissouri.edu/~s214560
album of the day: proudentall "what's happening here"
"that sheets boy... no damn good. ************