I believe it credits the lyrics as Jeremy's and Dan's... and quite frankly,
based on how the music sounds, especially from album to album, you can tell
each member  probably comes up with mosy of their own parts, on the first 2
CDs at least. Plus, I've seen interviews where they talked about Theo B
starting with "nate's bassline".. so you know he at least came up with that
(which is genious)... and based on the stylings of the other early songs, it
really sounds like he wrote most (if not all) of them himself. The whole
beauty of LP2 is how the songs revolve around the bass.. it gives every
instrument room to expand on its own textures rather than your standard
chugging power chords. That's the main thing that attracted me to SDRE, so
needless to say, I'll always be fondest of the "Nate-era" records.
- j o e
np - Thirty Ought Six - "radon"