hello gang.
        we were talking in one of my classes the other day about how music as a
historical source.  The teach kept asking us these questions like What
is it about this singer (or group) that draws people to them?  Why are
they so powerful an image?  Why do people react so strongly to this
person (or group)? And how can they facilitate change within a society?

singer (group) <=> society (it's a give and take situation)  WHY???

i started thinking about this quite a bit, esp. in relation to SDRE and
some of my other favorites and wanted to get you guy's take on it..
what is it about jeremy, dan, and will that draws us as a group to
them??  what makes them so special?  And don't say "it's the music
man...  it's all the music."  because that's too easy....  i think that
this is really interesting and can work on many different levels...

you can reply privately, or make it a group discussion...

ryan out.