I totally agreed with all that John West had to say...but felt that now is
the time that I should vent (just because I'm feeling like doing so). I met
Jeremy on this last tour after a show in Grand Rapids, MI and, besides me
being taken aback about how humble and soft-spoken that he was, I was
greatly rewarded to speak with a fine person. One of the things that I
talked about with him was how unfortunate the state of American music has
become. It's a sad, sad shame when copycat boy bands (I use that term
loosely...how can you make a "band" when the only instruments they play are
the media and heartstrings of prepubenscent teenage girls?) thrive
on...selling out shows, flying to foreign countries in their private jet,
and raking in millions of millions of dollars? I ask you...has "Bye, Bye,
Bye" or  "And That Makes You Larger than Life?" ever tugged at your
heartstrings or made you reflect on your life? I know that they haven't for
me...the only thing the've tugged at were my hand tendons when I promptly
changed the station on my car stereo.
  I'm rambling...and I know. The thing is this...Dan, William, and Jeremy
need to know that their gifts have influenced the lives of many avid fans
and devoted listeners.. They've made attending a concert a thing to look
forward to...and come away from with thoughts of more than "God, that beer
really sucked" or "Dude, where's my car?" (I threw those in for the frat
boys walking out of a Dave Mattew's concert). I, for one, will be watching
closely to see what these three fine artists will be doing now that they've
hung up the moniker, "Sunny Day Real Estate."

Jim Shaw