i hope they get signed (tho for integrities sake, not to a major) just so theres an album soon and they get out of the US (one of sdre's major problems) to support the album. i saw a few posts on the MB recording recordings of the 2 shows, tho if anyone does have a decent recording and wants to trade please email me and check out www.tapetrader.com/rjtonge . cheers,

r/.

(looking forward to tft in japan)

So... I was at the show last night.

it rocked. I was sort of expecting SDRE-Dan = SDRE - Rock, but such is not the
case.

Fire Theft sounds like a very logical follow-up to the rising tide.

If any of you can go, go to see them in Hollywood this week.

question for the group --- Hollywood/L.A. seems to be an indie wasteland. there
aren't too many indie bands I've heard of that are there.

However, LA is mecca for the "recording industry" i.e. corporate labels. Many
bands move to LA to "make it" with the recording industry.

if the fire theft is only playing 2 shows (right now -- rumors of them playing
SXSW are flying around) -- one in their hometown, and one in the hometown of all
the big labels... Does that indicate to you that the fire theft are on the verge
of signing to a major?

Here's hoping that's not the case,
Alex Carmichael, defrockd loser

Surf together with new Shared Browsing http://join.msn.com/?page=features/browse&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=74&DI=1059