On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 9:13 AM, Kevin O'Connor <ke...@koconnor.net> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 24, 2018 at 09:01:03AM -0400, Chris wrote:
>> I know it has been months but I just had an idea that seems to fix
>> this issue. I still need to test for some time to make sure but so far
>> it is working fine.
>>
>> What I did is simply add a delay before the SD card is initialized.
>> The attached patch takes a brute force approach and will attempt to
>> initialize multiple times. However, so far it has never had to attempt
>> the initialize more than once.
>>
>> That little "msleep(5)" before setting up the card seems to be all
>> that is needed. Like I said though, still testing but looking good.
>
> Interesting.  Can you test if it is the msleep() that is needed, or if
> it is the second initialization that is needed?  (Or both?)
>
> Thanks,
> -Kevin

So far it has worked on the first attempt every time. So it needs only
the delay and nothing else.

I still need to test with all my SD cards. Though I only have a 64GB
Sandisk and a handful of 32GB Samsung. The question is whether or not
the delay is dependent on the card type or if it's just the controller
that needs to stabilize.

Chris