[ just back from summer vacation, wading through my backlog ... ]

On Sun, Jul 28, 2019 at 11:12:29AM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 07:57:33AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > On 7/5/19 7:08 PM, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> > > From: Uwe Kleine-König <u...@kleine-koenig.org>
> >
> > hmm, git send-email failed to set the encoding for this mail, so my name
> > looks funny for some people here I assume. (Corrected for this mail.)
> >
> > > This allows to have qemu run at the native screen resolution of my
> > > (physical) monitor.
> > >
> > > This is inspired by a patch created by Andreas Dangel that I found on
> > > https://adangel.org/2015/09/11/qemu-kvm-custom-resolutions/ .
> >
> > IMHO my change is beneficial, I wonder why I don't a response. Is
> > something wrong with it?
>
> That patch changes svgamodes.c - which is the "bochs" modes used by
> QEMU.  So, I was hoping Gerd would review.  I think he may be on
> vacation right now.

Note the patch changes cbvga.c too.
Patch looks good to me.

Changing cbvga.c to use the svgamodes.c list too (which is already
shared by bochs and ati vga code) might be a good idea, so we have
to maintain a single list only.

cheers,
  Gerd