> > +/* qemu microvm supports 8 virtio-mmio devices */
> > +static u64 devs[8];
>
> It would be preferable to avoid using global variables for temporary
> state.  Because of all the weird linker rules and segment rules, the
> use of global variables is conceptually harder in SeaBIOS.
>
> If I understand this patch series correctly, the ultimate result is an
> acpi parser that walks the dsdt and calls virtio_mmio_register().
> Could that code directly launch the appropriate hardware registration
> directly?

With the initial series using bootorder I had the problem that
virtio-scsi controllers show up multiple times in case there
are multiple scsi devices connected to it, so I had to weed out
duplicates somehow.  This is where virtio_mmio_register() comes
from.

But, yes, when using acpi for device discovery this is not needed
any more.  I'll drop it for the next revision.

take care,
  Gerd