On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 02:46:29PM -0500, Eduardo Habkost wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 10:46:00AM -0500, Kevin O'Connor wrote:
> > What is the integration plan for merging this and making the
> > associated changes to QEMU?  Are you looking to merge this first?
>
> The QEMU part will be based on this patch by Daniel;
> https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/20200908165438.1008942-6-berra...@redhat.com/
>
> I'm looking to merge this before the QEMU option, so non-working
> configurations
> (VM configured with SMBIOS 3.0 + lack of SeaBIOS support for SMBIOS 3.0) are
> less likely.

Thanks.  We generally prefer to merge the QEMU parts first and then
merge the SeaBIOS parts.  Though there is some flexibility.

If desired, I can merge the first 18 parts of this series, and then
merge the 19th patch after the QEMU part has passed the necessary
reviews.

Gerd - do you have any thoughts on this?

-Kevin