Hi all,

(All was done with SeaBIOS 1.15.0)

I was testing a coreboot change when suddenly both of my two P2B-LS
boards failed to boot. I have been booting off a Maxtor 6E040L0 hard
drive when the boot started to stall after SeaBIOS. Took me hours but
eventually I found a line in my serial log that there has been a DMA
timeout. I had to turn UDMA off from coreboot to resolve. I landed a
patch there to enable UDMA on all 4 drives by default, thinking it was
the reasonable thing to do and should have worked. Does SeaBIOS manage
or enable UDMA itself? Is there more to UDMA than just enable it in
PIIX4?

And while I'm troubleshooting the boot, I plugged in a Promise SATA150
tx2plus card and moved the hard drive there. SeaBIOS caught and and
ran its option ROM just fine, but didn't bother booting from it,
instead going to the iPXE ROM I managed to insert after freeing enough
space in the flash image. Why?

Thanks
Keith