Hi,

Has anybody tried to boot from CDROM/DVD non-QEMU seabios lately? I've tried to
boot a few CDs/DVDs on AHCI and IDE drives and although the drive is detected,
it will fail to boot. There is a timeout after which the next drive will boot.
It seems the timeout is located somewhere in
payloads/external/SeaBIOS/seabios/src/cdrom.c in function cdrom_boot(). When I
tried to comment out this test:

    int ret = scsi_is_ready(&dop);
    if (ret)
        dprintf(5, "scsi_is_ready returned %d\n", ret);

I was able to boot windows 98SE installation CD, but it failed after a few
sectors (probably when the readiness was needed to be tested :D). If somebody
can confirm it is not just my board setup (kontron 986lcd-m with the current
coreboot branch) I would be grateful.

regards,
Petr