On Thu, Jun 20, 2024 at 01:29:11PM -0400, Kevin O'Connor wrote:

> I'm leery of moving this heuristic to 64G of ram.  I can understand
> the logic of >4G of ram indicating support for >4G pci.  However, it
> seems strange to me that there would be guests with 50G of ram that
> can't handle >4G pci, but not similar guests with 70G of ram..  It

Such a guest cannot possibly address that much, so it doesn't seem at all
unreasonable to require a config change there. That is, by definition there
can't be a workload in the OS that's relying on 70G of RAM.

And yes, from what we've been able to ascertain, there really are 32-bit VMs
with 50G of RAM in production...

regards
john