Hi All,

We are working on passing the CTS test results for the device that we are
making.

One of the test case in CTS test suite verifies the delay caused in
recording certain number of samples and if the delay is higher, it fails.

We see that one of the cause of the delay could be related to following
selinux denial:

12-01 19:32:19.400  3626  3626 W Binder_1: type=1400 audit(0.0:426): avc:
denied { sys_nice } for capability=23 scontext=u:r:shell:s0
tcontext=u:r:shell:s0 tclass=capability permissive=0

We get these denials continuously while running audio related CTS tests.

There is a neverallow rule in app.te that restricts any domain other than
bluetooth to get the sys_nice capablity.  So, we cant give shell the
ability to use sys_nice.

Unfortunately, the denial shown above just mentions Binder_1 and we are not
sure which Binder thread is triggering this denial and why. Is there a way
to further get more information about this denial from Binder thread ? Any
help in fixing this denial would be helpful.

Regards,

Sameer Joshi