I've been seeing some off policy where folks are adding add permissions for
service's they shouldn't be adding. This is usually indicative of a mislabel or
just plain wrongness.
I have some RFC patches on Gerrit that attempt to address this by using a macro
to "add a service" to service manager. This macro automatically creates a
neverallow preventing
others from adding that service type.

This may be two strict in some cases, perhaps gpu_service could be an example.

Also, doing this found a miss-typeattribute to wificond_service:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/c/325724/

Also, a better mechanism then the macro may exist for this, like just doing it
with raw policy statements. I like the macro as it develops a pattern, and you
have to break the pattern to get around it,
which probably means something is wrong. This seems to have occurred with
mediaserver and mediadrmserver both adding a media_service service.

For those who wish to view and comment:
https://android-review.googlesource.com/#/q/topic:rfc-add-service+(status:open+OR+status:merged)

Bill