Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
June 23, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: At your service
>> Featured Topic: Advice from our gurus
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Michael Lazar, Administration and Support
  • Site Exclusive: Study predicts enterprise IM boom
  • Tip of the Week: Developer tip -- Nth position of a list
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Live Expert Webcast: Gary Devendorf on ND6 Views
  • All the Domino news that's fit to post
  • SearchDomino.com Salary Survey

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    Back by popular demand, Gary Devendorf will be our featured live expert webcast speaker this week. Gary is an "ex-member of the team that built Domino," as he says, and he certainly knows his stuff. The topic: New programmatic control of "views" in ND6. As always with Gary, this webcast is a must see. Feel free to ask Gary a question in advance. See below for pre-registration details.

    Speaking of details, have you taken the SearchDomino.com salary survey yet? If not, now is the time to do it. You can instantly slice and dice the results any way you like -- that is, skip the info that you don't need and include the statistics that will convince your boss that you are overworked and underpaid -- or underworked and overpaid -- wait, no, not the latter. We'll be posting the results and other vital information that will help you move forward in your job. But we need your honest answers first.

    Stop what you are doing, take a break from the routine and take the survey.

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Advice from our gurus
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    Our experts are here to help you with that weekly catastrophe that threatens your Domino system. They are stars in their fields, which range from administration to Web development, and from certification to security. Ask and ye shall receive the answer ye seek.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert Michael Lazar
    Principal CLP for Domino administration, Illini Consulting

    Categories:Administration and Support
    Mike Lazar is one of our veteran experts on SearchDomino.com, answering your Domino/Notes administration and support questions. If there's a topic you'd like him to talk about or offer tips on, just let him know!
    View all Michael's administration answers.

    Site Exclusive
    >> Study predicts enterprise IM boom by Jon Panker
    The Radicati Group is bullish about the corporate instant messaging market. New research describes expected growth and outlines the technology enhancements organizations can expect.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer tip: Nth position of a list
    by Anthony Li Calsi
    It is easy to retrieve the first and last element of a list, but how do you return the Nth position of a list? This tip describes a procedure for retrieving items from lists using a formula.
    >> Read the full tip.

     Site Highlights

    Live Expert Webcast: Gary Devendorf on ND6 Views
    Topic: New programmatic control of Views in ND6
    When: Wed., June 25, noon EDT (17:00 GMT)
    Speaker: Gary Devendorf, independent consultant, former Lotus product manager

    Gary will deep dive into one of the coolest new areas in Notes Domino 6: Programmatic control of Views. See how to code with the "InViewEdit" event using LotusScript, colorizing columns and dynamically creating views. Gary will cover:
    - New release 6 features in "views"
    - Programmatic features
    - Coding for "InViewEdit" event
    - Colorizing view column
    Pre-register here.
    Sponsored By: DLI Tools

    All the Domino news that's fit to post
    We surf the web daily for news on Domino, Notes, messaging, collaboration instant messaging, IBM Lotus Software and more. Check out what's out there on the Web, as well as our SearchDomino.com exclusives. It's all here in one place, in just a click.
    View Domino news stories.

    SearchDomino.com Salary Survey
    Take the salary survey.
    Take our new, updated, anonymous salary survey to see where you rank with other Notes and Domino professionals. Our interactive salary survey allows you to get instant results that are tailored to your needs. You can sort the results by gender, title, salary, industry and more. Find out where you stack up!

    FREE Domino news!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Take our poll
    What's your timetable for deploying enterprise instant messaging software? Which vendor do you use or plan to use for enterprise instant messaging?
    Vote here.

    Vendor webcast
    Need a simple, single source for all of your business communications? Join Captaris to learn about the complete, scalable and reliable enterprise communication product for Domino R5 and 6.
    View webcast.

    Stay informed
    Update your profile today to receive the latest news on Oracle, PeopleSoft and more from SearchCRM -- the CRM information partner for IT pros.
    Update profile.

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    Created by TechTarget
    TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
    Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".