Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
June 30, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: Batten down the Domino hatches
>> Featured Topic: Lock down Domino
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured expert: Chuck Connell
  • SearchDomino.com exclusives:
    >> Notes/Domino security discussion forum
    >> Enterprise IM poll results and new ID poll
  • Tip of the Week: Getting 'from' and 'sent by' to match
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Webcast archive: Gary Devendorf on ND6 'Views'
  • Take the SearchDomino.com salary survey
  • Browse the SearchDomino.com glossary

  •  From the Editor:

    by Jon Panker, News Editor

    Talk to e-mail administrators about Domino security and they usually use words like "rock-solid" or "fortified" to describe their messaging environments. That's partly a credit to Lotus technology and partly due to the admins themselves. After all, you're on the frontlines of the security battle each day. SearchDomino.com will stand beside you while you fight the good fight against threats to your e-mail and workplace collaboration systems.

    This week, we're highlighting some outstanding Notes security resources that we hope will benefit you. First, we've pulled together some great security-related articles and resources in our Featured Topic. Next, we're offering up noted Notes consultant Chuck Connell to answer your questions. And finally, we have some valuable tips from admins like you -- who don't want you to make the same mistakes they've seen before. We hope you'll benefit from this free security advice and will let us know if there's any other way we can help you lock down Domino.

    Jon

     Featured Topic:

    Lock down Domino
    by Kurt Ringleben, Assistant Editor

    Get the essentials on Domino security and go beyond default configurations to protect your company. We've assembled news, articles and tips to help you take security precautions and lock down your systems.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Chuck Connell
    President, CHC-3 Consulting
    Categories:Security and administration

    If you're in a security or admin pickle, let Chuck Connell help you out.
    View all Chuck's answers.

    SearchDomino.com Exclusives
    >> Notes/Domino security discussion forum
    Chuck Connell stalks his discussion forum like an undercover cop. Ask and receive a quick answer to your pressing security questions.

    >> Enterprise IM poll results
    What's your timetable for deploying enterprise instant messaging software?
    46%: We're already using enterprise-grade IM
    17%: Within six months
    17%: We have no plans to use
    14%: Within one year
    4%: Within two years

    Which vendor do you use or plan to use for enterprise instant messaging?
    78%: IBM/Lotus
    1%: Microsoft
    7%: AOL
    0%: Yahoo
    0%: Other
    13%: None

    Take our new poll:
    Where do you store your Notes ID files? Where do you store your Certifier IDs?

    Tip of the Week:
    Getting 'from' and 'sent by' to match
    by Tim Tripcony

    One recent Security and Administration Ask the Expert question stirred up our readers. We received many e-mails from members who knew another solution to the problem. This give-and-take with members is what helps SearchDomino.com to be so dynamic. This tip is an alternate solution to the answer Chuck gave in Why is Notes naming someone else in a new memo?

    >> Read the whole tip.

     Site Highlights

    SearchDomino.com salary survey
    Are all the salary surveys you've found on the Web missing something? SearchDomino.com's salary survey allows you to create custom reports by specifying the survey criteria in which you are interested. Also, get answers to your burning salary-related issues, such as how much your years of loyal Domino and Notes service count, if bigger companies pay more and if a big degree necessarily translates into big bucks.
    Take SearchDomino.com's salary survey.

    Webcast archive: Gary Devendorf on ND6 'Views'
    If you missed last week's live webcast, don't worry. You can catch the rerun in our webcast archives. This webcast does a deep dive on one of the coolest new areas: Programmatic control of "Views." See how to code with the "InViewEdit" event using LotusScript, colorizing columns and dynamically creating view.
    Click here to watch the webcast.
    Sponsored By: DLI Tools
    SearchDomino.com glossary
    Browse our glossary.
    We've all done it -- pretended like we knew a techie term because asking someone would make us look stupid. With regular visits to SearchDomino.com's glossary, you will be prepared at the next company picnic. Drop terms like Googlewhacking and hacktivist and no longer feel the need to smile in ignorance!

    FREE Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    SearchSAP conference
    Hear top experts from Gartner, META, AMR and more come together to address SAP. Learn how to master your SAP integration and slash TCO, plus case studies and SAP alternatives.
    Free attendance

    Anti-spam solution
    Top 10 ways to fight spam
    Join us as experts detail how NetIQ MailMarshal delivers a powerful anti-spam solution that is both comprehensive and easy to deploy and manage.
    Watch webcast

    Domino white papers
    Check out the SearchDomino.com white paper section for informative white papers on administration, development, security, Domino vs. Exchange and more.
    Click here

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    Created by TechTarget
    TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
    Copyright 2003, All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".