Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter from TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
July 21, 2003 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: All work and no play?
>> Featured Topic: Your Domino career
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Debbie Lynd
  • Site Exclusives:
    >> Is it the end of the line for LotusScript?
    >> Keep your Domino job from heading overseas
    >> A specialty is a must in down economy
  • Tip of the Week: Show previous and next page using single category
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Exclusive survey: Domino salaries stay static
  • Survey: Spam is scourge of messaging world
  • IBM to add content management to Workplace

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    What do you want to be when you grow up?

    If you don't know, you're not alone. Last week we featured our special report on the Domino career outlook, which includes the SearchDomino.com salary survey results, as well as some stories on skills, effects of offshoring and more. We spoke with industry analysts, experts and people like you -- those in the trenches -- to see what the future holds for job stability and what you should do to prepare. The results? See for yourself!

    And don't forget to sound off in our Sound Off forum. Tell us what you think of the job market, your Domino career or what IBM Lotus has in store for everyone.

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Your Domino career
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    In a down economy such as this, you need to know what will spark your Domino career. We can help. We've gathered info from last week's special report and other expert advice to make you stand out among your competitors. Consider it our virtual curriculum vitae.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Debbie Lynd
    Director of Content for conferences and seminars, The View
    Category: Domino messaging

    Debbie will answer your mail and other Domino/Notes messaging questions. We dare you to try to stump her.
    View all Debbie's answers.

    Site Exclusives
    >> Is it the end of the line for LotusScript?
    Despite assurances from IBM Lotus that LotusScript isn't going away, some developers think the writing is on the wall, and they're already starting to learn some new skills just in case.
    >> Keep your Domino job from heading overseas
    You may lose out on a job to someone you'll never see, someone thousands of miles away who will work dirt cheap. Experts offer advice on how U.S.-based workers can stem the rising offshore outsourcing tide.
    >> A specialty is a must in down economy
    With jobs disappearing, Domino programmers and consultants would be wise to pick up new skills or specialties. Insiders offer advice on the most valuable things to learn.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer Tip: Show previous and next page using single category
    by Marcelo Miranda

    This tip describes how to solve the problem of showing the following and previous pages with the "show single category" option in the embedded view of a form.

    >> Read the full tip here.

     Site Highlights

    Exclusive survey: Domino salaries stay static
    by Jon Panker
    On average, Notes and Domino professionals are earning about what they did two years ago. Results of the exclusive SearchDomino.com salary survey break down pay by position, certification and skills.
    Read the full story.

    Survey: Spam is scourge of messaging world
    by Jon Panker
    Just how big a problem is spam? A new survey ranks unwanted e-mail and other messaging problems.
    Read the story.
    IBM to add content management to Workplace
    Read the article.
    by Joyce Chutchian
    IBM Lotus will integrate content management into its on-demand collaboration suite using technology gained through its acquisition of Australian provider Aptrix.

    FREE Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    SearchDomino webcast
    Learning to love formula language
    Domino technology author Steve Kern educates you on the uses of formula language in Domino. He covers the basics for Domino newcomers, limitations of formula language and a comparison with LotusScript.
    View webcast

    Love your job?
    We're giving you a chance to vent about your job. What's your biggest gripe?
    Take our poll

    Admins win!
    What do you know about Notes Domino 6 that everyone else should know? Submit a tip by the end of July and we'll send you an Amazon.com gift certificate if you're the July winner. There's also a bonus gift for the best admin tip submitted this month!
    Submit a tip

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, The Most Targeted IT Media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this E-mail with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit e-mail subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".