Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter published by TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
August 11, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the Editor: Bump on a blog
>> Featured Topic: Top 10 admin tips for July
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Jens Bruntt
  • Featured Tip: Update ACL of selected databases
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Domino blogs: Collaboration's next frontier?
  • Your views on Notes ID storage
  • New SearchDomino.com poll

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    Blog. Now that's something that intrigues me. Web log is just too boring. More and more blogs are popping up on the Web, and Domino blogs are no exception. The question is, are they useful or memory-hogging nightmares for your system?

    I must admit my opinion on blogs has recently changed. I used to think of them in the way I thought of those holiday letters people send. You know, the notes from people far, far away who write endlessly about themselves and what they've been doing for the last 365 days. The problem is, I often get them from people like co-workers or neighbors that I talk to every day anyway.

    I used to think of blogs in the same way. I've been known to say: "They're just a way for people to talk about themselves. WHO CARES?" But blogs can serve higher purposes than just babble. Or, at least, that's my current opinion.

    What's your favorite blog? Do you think your company should allow them? Send me your comments -- I do care, and I want to hear what you think.

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Top 10 admin tips for July
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    Popular demand is an interesting thing. Check out the 10 most popular administrator tips on SearchDomino.com in July.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Jens Bruntt, senior consultant at Convergens
    Categories: Web development and downloads

    Web developers, ask away! Jens Bruntt is ready to tackle your questions on LotusScript, Java, HTML, frames, etc.
    View all Jens' answers.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer tip: Update ACL of selected databases
    by Keith Baxter

    This tip supplies you with code to easily update the ACL so that the administration server is changed from the old server to the new server. It's also useful to move databases among servers.

    >> Update ACL of selected databases

     Site Highlights

    Domino blogs: Collaboration's next frontier?
    by Mark Baard
    Are blogs cutting-edge collaboration or a waste of workplace time? Regardless of the answer to that question, odds are they're coming to a Domino server near you.
    Read the full story.

    Your views on Notes ID storage
    Chuck Connell got so much feedback about his "Where to store Notes IDs" security tip from July that he had to publish his findings. Read what other SearchDomino.com members had to say.
    Read the full tip here.
    New SearchDomino.com poll
    Take our new poll.
    What do you think of the new Domino Toolkit for WebSphere Studio?

    When we asked you how you would describe your company's messaging environments, here's how you responded.

    Free Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    August tips prize
    Win an iAUDIO CW200 128 MB MP3 player with FM and voice recorder. Submit an administrator or developer tip in August and become eligible to win this prize.
    Submit a tip

    Admin forum
    Administrators -- if you need a quick fix or are confused on a particular issue, who better to ask than thousands of your closest colleagues? Jump into our Administrator forum, post your question and get multiple responses. Or search for similar issues and jump into an ongoing discussion.
    Visit the forum

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, The Most Targeted IT Media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this E-mail with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit e-mail subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".