SEARCHDOMINO.COM | New and Notesworthy: AUGUST 2003
August 15, 2003

FROM OUR SPONSOR:

- Sync Up Your Teams With Calendaring, Itineraries, Time-off and Sign
In/Out: http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,17070,00.htm?logicsprings

IN THIS ISSUE | NEW AND NOTESWORTHY: AUGUST ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. DOMINO/NOTES PRODUCT AND INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENTS
   - CertFX announces practice exams 190-612 and 190-561
   - PistolStar offers IM and Web conferencing management tool
   - Instant Technology bridges Lotus IM and Outlook
   - Teamstudio releases free agent scanner
   - Swing rolls out MS Office integration tool
   - Avalon serves up one-click e-mail archive technology
   - CommonTime comes clean with mNotes
   - Logic Springs lets loose Department Calendar 5.9.2
   - GSX Monitor 7.1 released
   - QA Systems announces QStudio for Java Enterprise

2. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LINKS
   - Best Web Links: Web services
   - August Tips Contest: Win an MP3 player!
   - Take our poll: Thoughts on the Toolkit
   - Missing Link: Bimbo vs. bimbo bout decided

SAVVY NOTES USERS CHOOSE DEPARTMENT CALENDAR WHEN DOMINO CALENDARING
FALLS SHORT

Are you responsible for improving your organization's Group
Calendaring tool? Have you been tasked to find a true group calendar
tool with Itinerary, Time-Off, Sign In/Out and Bulletins/Events
module that seamlessly integrates with Domino calendaring? If so,
Logic Springs Technologies will make answering these questions a
whole lot easier!

Learn how by visiting us at:
http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,17070,00.htm?logicsprings

AUGUST 2003 ANNOUNCEMENTS

CERTFX ANNOUNCES PRACTICE EXAMS 190-612 AND 190-561 | CertFX
Columbus, Ohio-based CertFX, maker of Lotus certification practice
exams, released two certification practice tests. The 190-612 Notes
Domino 6 Developing Web Applications exam is one of three CLP
(Certified Lotus Professional) exams for ND6 application developers.
The 190-561 Developing Instant Collaborative Applications with
QuickPlace 3.0 exam is one of four exams Lotus' Software Professional
certification has developed for the collaborative solutions
development track. Those who pass the 190-561 exam earn the title
"IBM Certified Associate Developer -- Lotus Collaborative Solutions."

Both exams have more than 70 questions related to the official Lotus
certification exams and exam guide. Each question also has a
supplemental "Teach" information section as well as a link for direct
access to the Lotus Notes Help databases. All CertFX tests include
unlimited use, lifetime maintenance and free upgrades.
http://www.certfx.com/

PISTOLSTAR OFFERS IM AND WEB CONFERENCING MANAGEMENT TOOL |
PistolStar
PistolStar, an IBM Lotus business partner based in Amherst, N.H.,
introduced Facet IM Solutions, a software package for managing
enterprisewide use of IBM Lotus Instant Messaging and Web
Conferencing (formerly called Sametime). The package includes Facet
IM Analyzer, for monitoring, troubleshooting, billing and reporting;
Facet IM Password Security, for password management; and Facet IM
Diagnostics, for checking end-user system requirements. All three
modules can be purchased separately or as a bundle.
http://www.pistolstar.com/

INSTANT TECHNOLOGY BRIDGES LOTUS IM AND OUTLOOK | Instant
Technologies
Instant Technologies, a Beverly, Mass.-based IBM Lotus Business
Partner, has released Instant TeamMessenger 2.0. The product offers
advanced functionality of IBM Lotus Instant Messaging to Microsoft
Outlook users by allowing IBM Lotus Instant Messaging users to
leverage real-time communication in context of Microsoft Outlook.
Instant TeamMessenger displays who is online from the To, From, and
CC fields and allows Outlook users to instantly initiate a chat
without leaving Outlook. Pricing is based on the volume needs of the
IT corporate buyer.
http://www.instant-tech.com/

TEAMSTUDIO RELEASES FREE AGENT SCANNER | Teamstudio
Teamstudio, a Beverly, Mass.-based developer of software tools, is
releasing a free utility for Notes and Domino developers that scans a
Notes database to identify agent data notes that are no longer being
referenced by an agent. Agent Data Tool lets developers run it on an
entire directory, instead of a Lotus tool that runs on one database
at a time. Teamstudio is also making available the source code to
allow developers to tweak the program to best fit their needs.

Developers need to register on Teamstudio's Web site to access the
download.

>>DOWNLOAD Agent Data Tool:
http://www.teamstudio.com/downloads

SWING ROLLS OUT MS OFFICE INTEGRATION TOOL | Swing Software
Swing Software in Croatia is shipping Swing InOffice, a Microsoft
Office integration tool designed for Notes shops. It helps Notes
users create Excel reports and charges, Office documents, labels and
mass mailings using their Notes data.

Swing InOffice was designed for those without programming skills and
requires no design work. It uses step-by-step wizards that can be
localized in any language, the company said. Pricing starts at $750.
http://www.swingsoftware.com/

AVALON SERVES UP ONE-CLICK E-MAIL ARCHIVE | Avalon Business Systems
New York-headquartered Avalon Business Systems, a developer of mail
reduction utilities for Notes systems, is now offering up its One
Click Archive technology. It lets companies reduce server load by
archiving old mail and attachments, while allowing users to access
archived mail without getting the administrator involved. One Click
Archive uses the structure already present in the user's mailbox to
move between current and archived mail within the interface of the
regular mailbox, Avalon said in a release. All of this can be
achieved with one mouse click, instead of the long arduous processes
offered by other products.
http://www.avabiz.com/

COMMONTIME COMES CLEAN WITH MNOTES | CommonTime
CommonTime released mNotes 3.0 for Pocket PCs running Windows Mobile
2003. The software migrates enterprise Lotus Notes e-mail, calendar
entries, tasks, contacts and journal information to PDAs and smart
phones. mNotes can be used to synchronize information via a cradle,
an Ethernet or a Wi-Fi connection. The tool can even utilize
disconnected laptops.
http://www.commontime.com/ProductsCadenza.htm

LOGIC SPRINGS LETS LOOSE DEPARTMENT CALENDAR 5.9.2 | Logic Springs
Enhancements to Department Calendar 5.9.2, which was designed for
government, higher education and corporate environments using Notes
and Domino, include integrated itinerary scheduling and reporting
functions. Lake Mary, Fla.-based Logic Springs also added a direct
entry form for room and resources scheduling and a new printing
engine with search and print capabilities and better weekly and
monthly formatting. The itinerary function adds airline, hotel and
ground transportation calendar entries to Department Calendar; a user
can now also synchronize these new calendar-entry types to a personal
Notes calendar.

>>REGISTER for a Department Calendar evaluation:
http://www.logicsprings.com/Depcal/prodinfo/version59_content.html

GSX MONITOR 7.1 RELEASED | GSX Groupware Solutions
GSX Groupware Solutions announced that version 7.1 of GSX Monitor is
now available for download. GSX Monitor gives users a global view
showing the real-time status of their entire Domino server networks.
The new version provides an easier interface for setting maintenance
windows, improved SNMP support and new options for the Web enabler.

http://snifer.activeweb.fr/gsx/gsxmonitor.html

>>DOWNLOAD a 30-day trial version:
http://www.gsx.net/clients/gsx/gsxhomepage.nsf/DownMoni?OpenForm

QA SYSTEMS ANNOUNCES QSTUDIO FOR JAVA ENTERPRISE | QA Systems
QA Systems unshackled QStudio for Java Enterprise, a tool that allows
software process managers and developers to inspect and control the
quality of Java-based source code. QStudio for Java Enterprise allows
software process managers to tie software development quality control
practices earlier into the development process. Process managers and
software developers who use the tool can automate, coordinate and
support quality control through a distributed software quality
control and management system.

QStudio for Java Enterprise clients and servers run on Windows, Linux
and Solaris. The product is priced at $295 for the client and $2,950
for the server.

http://www.qa-systems.com/products/qstudioforjava/enterprise/demo.html

>>READ these and other news announcements here:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci919358,00.html

TO INCLUDE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEW AND NOTESWORTHY, E-MAIL JON
PANKER, NEWS EDITOR: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

::::::::::: DON'T MISS THESE IMPORTANT FEATURES AND LINKS :::::::::
WEB SERVICES | Best Web Links

How do Web services and Domino get along? Do they argue like siblings
or can they work together like a football team? We've got the links
to help your team best implement Web services.
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid4_tax288824,00.html

WIN AN MP3 PLAYER! | August Tips Contest

What better way to round out the summer than with a brand new MP3
player? Got a great admin or developer technique you've been using?
Do your coworkers come to ask you for advice? Submit that tip and you
could win an CW200 128 MB MP3 player.

http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/tipsSubmit/1,289485,sid4,00.html

>>GET more details on the prize:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/tipsPrize/0,289492,sid4_prz917404_cts764173,00.html

THOUGHTS ON THE TOOLKIT | Take our new poll

What do you think of the new Domino Toolkit for WebSphere Studio?
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/#poll

>>DID you miss Wednesday's lead story, "WebSphere toolkit may be
tough sell for Lotus"? Catch it here, then take our poll:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci918977,00.html?Exclusive=True

>>SEE results from previous polls:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/pollArchive/0,294373,sid4,00.html

THE MISSING LINK | Bimbo vs. bimbo bout decided

The battle of the bimbos is over, and, no, this story has nothing to
do with Hugh Hefner's gaggle of girlfriends. A man in California has
won his battle for the name bimbo.biz. Who wanted to take it from
him? A huge Bimbo that bakes. Food firm Bimbo SA wanted the domain to
stay in Spain, where the company is based. It already owns bimbo.com,
bimbo.es and bimbogames.net, and it went to the U.N.'s copyright
enforcement arm to take "dot-biz." But big Bimbo's bid for bimbo.biz
was a bust. The California man gets to keep the name, as long as he
doesn't sell competing baked goods on the site.

Source: Reuters
http://asia.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=internetNews&storyID=3272375

::::::::::::::::::::  SEARCHDOMINO CONTACTS   :::::::::::::::::::::

JOYCE CHUTCHIAN, Site Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

DANA MCCURLEY, Asst. Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts
questions and tips. (Please submit your tips via SearchDomino.com.)

JON PANKER, News Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

DAVID DRISCOLL, Account Executive (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

:::::::::::::::::::::  ABOUT THIS NEWSLETTER  ::::::::::::::::::::::
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT
media. http://www.techtarget.com

Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

Unsubscribe from 'Daily News'
 - Simply Reply to this E-mail with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
>  or
 - Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
 - Log in to edit your profile.
 - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
 - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish
   to unsubscribe from.
 - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile."