Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter published by TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
October 06, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the Editor: Rise and shine
>> Featured Topic: Top 10 admin tips for September
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Scott Lemieux
  • Site Exclusives:
    - Some Domino developers go with the flow
    - True Domino Blooper #29: Oops! The not-so-secret agent
    - Chuck Connell's Security Tip: Server-side password checking
  • Tip of the Week: Create link groups for search results or a view
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • 2003 SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards
  • Lotusphere registration opens Tuesday
  • October tips contest prize

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    It's hard to believe that a whole year has gone by since we solicited nominations for the SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards. We received hundreds of nominations from all types of companies, users, industries and locations.

    The SearchDomino.com Achiever awards recognize users of Domino and Notes who go beyond the boundaries of Domino and create cost-effective and efficient applications and processes using Domino and Notes. The winners receive free admission to Lotusphere, and we'll present the awards on the product showcase floor at Lotusphere in Orlando, Fla., next January.

    This is your chance to get recognized for your hard work or to honor a team member or a customer who uses Domino and Notes. Don't be shy! Tell us what you've accomplished, how you've improved ROI or taken a basic development platform and turned it into something to be proud of.

    We'll be accepting nominations until November 14th, so act fast. Log on and show us your stuff!

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Top 10 admin tips for September
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    The Top 10 tips Featured Topics we ran in August were such a huge hit, we thought we'd do the same for September. This week -- admin tips.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Scott Lemieux, President, Stone Pond Software
    Category: Enterprise Integration

    If you've got enterprise integration issues, ask Scott Lemieux your EI and LEI questions.

    Try to stump Scott.

    View all Scott's answers.

    Site Exclusives
    >> Some Domino developers go with the flow
    by Mark Baard
    Some big-name shops are taking advantage of FlowBuilder XML, a development environment and conversion tool for legacy Notes workflow apps.

    >> True Domino Blooper #29: Oops! The not-so-secret agent
    This SearchDomino.com member has definitely learned a secret lesson about creating agents. While still employed as an administrator, she offers an amusing story on her agent mishap, along with some useful, preventive code.

    >> Chuck Connell's Security Tip: Server-side password checking
    Resident security expert Chuck Connell explains the proper uses and importance of the "check password" feature, which he calls "server-side password checking."

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer tip: Create link groups for search results or a view
    by Eva Valenta
    This member-submitted tip gives _javascript_ code that can create link groups for search results or a view. Don't forget to rate this tip. Be sure to e-mail us your opinion on Eva's tip by following the link at the bottom of it.
    >> Read the full tip here.

     Site Highlights

    The 2003 SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards
    Calling all nominations! Do you know someone who is an innovator using Lotus Notes or Domino? Take advantage of the opportunity to publicly acknowledge the technological contributions of a company or individual using Lotus Notes and Domino innovatively to achieve results far beyond expectations. We are currently accepting nominations that recognize users, teams and organizations that are pushing the limits of designing, building and managing complex Notes and Domino systems. The deadline for nominations for the SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards is Nov. 14, 2003.
    Click here for more information.

    Lotusphere registration opens Tuesday
    The eleventh annual event hits Disney World on Jan. 25, 2004. Lotus is offering discounts for those who sign up early.
    Read the story.
    October tips contest prize
    Submit your tip here.
    This month, we're giving away a $75 gift certificate to Amazon.com. Stock up on movies or music or buy that gadget you've been eyeing or that reference book you just HAVE to have. Submit your admin or developer tip today for a chance to win!

    Daily Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Vendor Webcast
    Live Oct. 8, 12:00 p.m. EDT
    What You Need To Know About BlackBerry.
    Find out what it is about BlackBerry that makes it the wireless platform of choice for thousands of companies.
    Register here.

    Wireless Webcasts
    Join our Wireless Webcast Series and quickly get up to speed on all the developments in the wireless world.
    Learn more.

    Member poll
    If you could make one change to Domino, what would it be?
    Take our poll.

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":
    OR
      -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

    Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.