Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter published by TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
October 20, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the Editor: The Domino effect
>> Featured Topic: Top 10 dev tips
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Maureen Leland
  • Site Exclusives -- SearchDomino.com Special Report: IBM Lotus Report Card
    - Users' Lotus love fest marred by WebSphere woes
    - Movin' on up: ND6 upgrade time is now
    - Eight tips for an easy ND6 migration
    - Domino jobs: Bright future or dead end?
  • Featured Tip: Further improve your Domino views on the Web
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • IBM Lotus Report Card
  • SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards
  • Live vendor webcast

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    The research is in. The word is out. SearchDomino.com's Lotus Report Card Special Report reveals what you think of IBM Lotus and its future. From attitudes toward Lotus products to services and career options, you and your peers gave us your opinions, and we're telling it like it is.

    I'd like to extend a special thanks to Domino/Notes professionals who took the time to participate in our survey. If you didn't get a chance to put in your two cents, it's not too late. Read the special report and sound off by clicking on our Sound Off link, or going to our Sound Off discussion forum and letting it all out.

    Check it out!

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Top 10 dev tips
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    Two weeks ago, we brought you the Top 10 admin tips for Sept. This week we deliver the top developer tips.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Maureen Leland, software architect, IBM/Lotus
    Category: Domino Designer

    Ask IBM/Lotus' Maureen Leland anything and everything you're wondering about Domino Designer. She should have the answers -- she led the Domino Designer team for Release 6, and now leads a team of developers working on the next releases of Domino Designer and the Notes Client desktop.
    View all Maureen's answers.

    Site Exclusives -- SearchDomino.com Special Report: IBM Lotus Report Card
    >> Users' Lotus love fest marred by WebSphere woes
    In exclusive SearchDomino.com research, users sound off on their satisfaction with Domino, WebSphere and Lotus' strategy. You can sound off, too, in our Sound Off forum.

    >> Movin' on up: ND6 upgrade time is now
    New SearchDomino.com research reveals just how many Domino shops are making the move to ND6, as well where they're coming from and what's compelling them to upgrade.

    >> Related story: Eight tips for an easy ND6 migration
    Upgrading to ND6 isn't supposed to be a monumental task. We asked some industry experts to give us some basic rules of thumb for making a smooth migration.

    >> Domino jobs: Bright future or dead end?
    We asked Domino pros where they see their careers heading. See whether they're complacent or readying their resumes.

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer Tip: Further improve your Domino views on the Web
    by Juerg Brandenberger

    This member-submitted tip explains how to format your Domino views on the Web with no limitations, including column spacing. Using this method, you can modify all views with one touch, simply by using the well known technique of CSS.

    >> Read the full tip here.

     Site Highlights

    IBM Lotus Report Card
    Read our exclusive survey results in our Special Report on IBM Lotus with charts, opinion columns and more.
    Read the entire Lotus Report Card here.

    SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards
    Submit your nomination today for the SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards! The Awards recognize large- and medium-scale enterprises that are blazing new trails in the deployment of Domino and Notes-centric computing. Winners will be presented at Lotusphere in January.
    Achiever awards information here.
    Live vendor webcast
    Register here.
    Best practices of deploying and maintaining BlackBerry
    Live Oct. 23, 12 p.m. EST
    Learn how to successfully deploy BlackBerry while meeting your existing security requirements. This vendor webcast will also cover how to quickly resolve user issues.

    Daily Domino news
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Take our poll
    How do you assign initial passwords to Notes IDs and Domino Web accounts?
    Take the poll.

    RIM webcasts
    RIM Wireless Webcast
    Join our RIM Wireless Webcast Series and quickly get up to speed on all the developments in the wireless world.
    Watch now.

    Need a Website?
  • Choose a design -- from nearly 3,000 templates.
  • Customize it yourself or let us do it.
  • Get Hosted. Our Hosting is as low as $9.00/mo.
  • Find out more!

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":
    OR
      -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

    Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.