Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 October 27, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  SearchDomino.com Product and Vendor Guide: Visit today
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Sober worm pretends to be virus fix
>>  NEWS:  Suse readies open-source e-mail update
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  SearchDomino.com site exclusives
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Friday feature -- Attack of the charged particles
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Sober worm pretends to be virus fix  (SearchSecurity.com)
A new mass-mailing worm is in the wild, spreading via some old techniques. Sober-A does have a couple of new twists, including a flair for German.
More on this topic:
Featured topic: Secure your Domino systems
Ask your Domino security question to expert Chuck Connell.
SPONSORED BY: SearchDomino.com Product and Vendor Guide

The Buyers Guide is one of the most comprehensive directories of vendor and product information on the Web. It covers a wide range of areas for your research needs, including application dev, e-commerce solutions, security and more. Simply search by topic, company name or keyword, and you'll have access to complete vendor and product information without having to comb through multiple sites.

Visit today.
NEWS
Suse readies open-source e-mail update (vnunet)
Open-source software firm Suse is about to release Openexchange Server 4.1. While it's no Exchange or Domino, analysts say the main value is price. A company could set up 10 users on Suse Openexchange for $1,989. The upgrade includes better support for Outlook.

NEWS
IM startups tackle management, mobility (eWEEK)
A pair of young companies are hoping to grab their share of the corporate IM space. AgentWays Software's offering adds security and management features to consumer IM services, while PushMessenger has launched a mobile IM platform that supports multiple sessions running on multiple wireless and wired devices at the same time.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
SearchDomino.com site exclusives
SearchDomino.com not only selects the most informative articles from the Web, but also offers it's own articles, expert advice and opinions on Notes Domino. Here's a look at our most recent exclusives on SearchDomino.com.

TAKE OUR NEW POLL
Exchange 2003 temptation
Are you tempted to move to the new Exchange 2003?
>>  In our last poll we asked how you assign initial passwords to your users. See how the Domino community does it.

SEARCHDOMINO.COM LEARNING GUIDE
Domino & WebSphere integration
Some Domino fans say WebSphere is being pushed on them. Others say WebSphere is a good opportunity to learn new skills. Almost everyone says WebSphere is the future of Domino. Get a crash course in how the two technologies can work together with this Domino and WebSphere Learning Guide.

THE MISSING LINK
Friday feature: Attack of the charged particles

Anything weird happen at work Friday? Any systems go down? See any gremlins running around? Blame the sun. On Friday, Mr. Sol lobbed loads of energy at Earth via a geomagnetic storm. Electrical utilities, airline communications and satellite navigation systems could have been affected, but there haven't been any reports of serious problems. So if something weird happened in the IT department, it's probably the same ol' same ol', not ol' Sol. But go ahead and blame him -- silent scapegoats can't deny anything.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Administrator Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.