Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 November 04, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  DLI.Tools: FREE DOWNLOAD: New Development Tools for Domino Internet/Intranet Applications
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  WebSphere Commerce hits one out of park for sports firm
>>  NEWS:  Novell to acquire SuSE Linux
>>  FEATURED EXPERT:  Scott Lemieux, Enterprise Integration
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Cyberspace needs a good sweeping
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
WebSphere Commerce hits one out of park for sports firm  (e-Pro Magazine)
Scalability, cost effectiveness and improved customer service are all benefits that sporting goods retailer and manufacturer Anaconda Sports realized after it began running its Web operations on IBM's WebSphere Commerce.
More on this topic:
Best Web Links: WebSphere for e-commerce
Article: WebSphere toolkit may be tough sell for Lotus
SPONSORED BY: DLI.Tools

FREE DOWNLOAD: THINGFACTORY -- THE ULTIMATE TOOLKIT FOR DOMINO APPLICATIONS
LEARN how the thingFactory is the ultimate toolkit for your Domino Internet/Intranet applications. JAM PACKED with "things" to help you extend the power and efficiency of your Web apps in a fraction of the time. BOOST productivity, leverage your existing Notes/Domino knowledge and leave those "work-arounds" behind. SIMPLE to install, POWERFUL and EFFICIENT!

CLICK HERE FOR YOUR FREE TRIAL DOWNLOAD.
NEWS
Novell to acquire SuSE Linux (SearchEnterpriseLinux.com)
Novell said it plans to acquire SuSE Linux, the second largest open-source server software provider, in a $210 million cash deal. At the same time, IBM is making a more sizable investment in Novell.

NEWS
IBM readies upgrade to Rational Rapid Developer (eWEEK)
Later today IBM is due to announce the new version featuring a model-driven development scheme for rapid portlet development and deployment on the IBM WebSphere Portal environment.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED EXPERT
Scott Lemieux, Enterprise Integration
Try to stump Stone Pond Software president Scott Lemieux with your most difficult enterprise integration questions.
>>  Check out Scott's answers to member questions.
>>  Ask Scott a question of your own.

WEBCAST ARCHIVE
Advanced collaboration using Team Workplace
Find out what the future holds for advanced collaboration. In this archived webcast, SNAPPS president Rob Novack will tell you how to get the most out of Lotus Instant Messaging (Sametime), Lotus Workplace Messaging and iNotes. Understand the pitfalls and advantages of using them together. Get the most ROI from your admin skills using all of these Lotus products together, and understand how to support this advanced development environment.

FEATURED TOPIC
SearchDomino.com site exclusives
SearchDomino.com not only selects the most informative articles from the Web, but also offers its own articles, expert advice and opinions on Notes Domino. Here's a look at our most recent exclusives on SearchDomino.com.

THE MISSING LINK
Cyberspace needs a good sweeping

What do cyberspace and the ghost towns of the Old West have in common? Tumbleweeds. A recent study shows that the Internet is full of dead sites, the kind that promote TV shows that have been off the air for years (like Melrose Place) or warn people to stock up on bottled water for Y2K. So why is the Web choking on its own flotsam? Researchers say neglect is the most widespread reason -- people just aren't taking the time to update their sites.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving SearchDomino.com Developer Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.