Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 November 13, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  GWI Software: Free white paper: Choosing the Right Help Desk Software
>>  Dice: Visit the SearchDomino.com Career Center
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  IBM Lotus lays out Java roadmap for Domino developers
>>  NEWS:  IBM chief: On-demand is now a reality
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  Lock 'em up
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Who's online? Dr. Who, that's who
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
IBM Lotus lays out Java roadmap for Domino developers  (e-Pro Magazine)
Those interested in learning Java can follow two courses of action: one for developers whose organizations will stick with traditional Domino technologies and another for those whose companies are heading in a J2EE direction. In both cases, IBM Lotus is identifying classes for developers to gain specific skills.
More on this topic:
Interview: Lotus GM addresses WebSphere worries
Best Web Links: Java
SPONSORED BY: GWI SOFTWARE

Before purchasing software, you should always do your research. Download this free white paper to learn the questions you need to ask before you buy, and how to avoid common pitfalls. Cut your help desk costs by 84% and gain valuable insights into the selection process in a special commentary by Daren Nelson, one of the help desk industry's pioneers.

Click here to download.
NEWS
IBM chief: On-demand is now a reality (CNET)
Sam Palmisano admitted that it's often difficult to explain Big Blue's on-demand strategy, but said it would save IBM itself $7 billion in expenses next year. At the IBM Business Leadership Forum, Palmisano said on-demand allows separate corporate operations to share a computing infrastructure and be tightly integrated.

NEWS
Service providers face spam nightmare (EarthWeb)
If you think spam is bad at your organization, half of all e-mail coming into ISPs is junk. As a result, most have deployed powerful mail filtering software in the hopes of making reducing inbox clutter for their users.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
Lock 'em up
Despite the great reputation Domino has on security, it is still constantly on the minds of Domino admins everywhere. Keep up-to-date on the industry with our collection of articles, tips and Ask the Experts questions, and learn how to keep the bad guys out and the good guys in.

SPONSORED BY: DICE

Visit the SearchDomino.com Career Center powered by Dice and search through over 27,000 tech jobs -- including titles such as, Domino developer/administrator, systems analyst and software engineer. Get e-mails when a listing matches your search criteria, access career resources and more.

Visit the SearchDomino.com Career Center.

SEARCHDOMINO.COM ACHIEVER AWARDS
Last chance to nominate!
Have you bent Lotus Notes or Domino to do something truly original to design, build or manage Domino? If so, we are looking for you. We have kicked off the 2003 SearchDomino.com Achiever Awards, and nominating yourself or an innovative team is as easy as clicking on the link below. Nominations will be accepted only until TOMORROW, Nov. 14, so tell us about your project today!
>>  See more details and submit your nomination.

SEARCHDOMINO.COM SURVEY
How much are you spending?
Where is the Domino market headed? Tell us what your plans are for Notes/Domino investments in 2004 and which projects will be a priority for you, and we'll guide you along with articles and features on planning your projects.
>>  Take the 2004 SearchDomino.com spending survey.

SEARCHDOMINO.COM LEARNING GUIDE
Domino and WebSphere integration
Some Domino fans say WebSphere is being pushed on them. Others say WebSphere is a good opportunity to learn new skills. Almost everyone says WebSphere is the future of Domino. Get a crash course in how the two technologies can work together with this Domino and WebSphere Learning Guide.

THE MISSING LINK
Who's online? Dr. Who, that's who

You think that The Lord of the Rings movies are geeky? The BBC's Internet division (BBCi) will see your Twin Towers and raise you a Matrix. The BBCi has put the Godfather of Geek on its Web site and made his show available for download: an animated version of Dr. Who. The longest-running sci-fi program ever, Dr. Who aired from 1963 until 1989, and it will return to the small screen in 2005. The Web version is the BBC's way of keeping the good doctor's "patients" happy until then. The episode is called "The Scream of the Shalka." Scream is right!

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving SearchDomino.com Developer Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.