Title: TechTarget
A weekly newsletter published by TechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
December 15, 2003 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the Editor: Enterprise Messaging 2004
>> Featured Topic: Can you can spam?
>> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Michael Lazar, Domino administration and support
  • Site Features:
    >> Site Exclusive: Domino shops confront compliance conundrum
    >> In the Forums: Developing a Web-based report
  • Expert Administrator Tip: Protect your Web site against e-mail address harvesters
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Book Excerpt: Lotus Notes/Domino Application Development Exam Cram 2
  • Survey: How much are you spending?
  • New Poll: Are you offended?

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    In the next couple of weeks, everywhere you turn, you'll be reading about the past year and the year to come -- whether it be on SearchDomino.com or elsewhere.

    Here's one event for your 2004 calendar that you should make note of: TechTarget's Enterprise Messaging Decisions 2004 conference, May 4-6 in Chicago. This new conference will feature the latest in technology and legislature in the corporate messaging realm.

    You'll listen to and work with well-known, experienced messaging speakers such as Howard Marks, founder and chief scientist at Networks are Our Lives, Inc., who will be discussing Internet mail protection, messaging server replication, recovery issues and more.

    Joining Howard at this conference are The Radicati Group's Sara Radicati (The real cost of spam), Scott Nathan (Privacy and legal issues of messaging) and more.

    This is not just a conference about e-mail; it is a conference about the future of your company's communication. It's about security, storage, middleware, spam and voice/data messaging. It's about the future of instant messaging in the workplace and discovering what it means to create an effective messaging strategy. Find out what those who have attended our other conferences have to say about them. Apply now for complimentary admission to the show.

    And be sure to check out the highlights this week -- a sneak preview chapter from Dave Hatter and Tim Bankes' Lotus Notes/Domino Application Development Exam Cram 2, take our new poll on controversial technical terms and check out Mark Baard's article on Domino and compliance issues.

    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Can you can spam?
    by Dana McCurley, Assistant Editor

    Our recent SearchDomino.com poll told us that the biggest messaging headache is spam. So we decided to give you the tools to ease the pain.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Michael Lazar, Principal CLP for Domino administration, Illini Consulting
    Categories: Domino administration and support

    Michael Lazar's expertise has been appreciated by SearchDomino.com's members since the site's conception four years ago. His Domino administration and Support categories are chock full of members' toughest questions and Michael's suggestions.
    Ask Michael an administration question of your own

    Site Features
    >> Site Exclusive: Domino shops confront compliance conundrum
    by Mark Baard
    As Domino shops struggle with regulatory issues, compliance is fast becoming a cottage industry. Users need to comply while making sure their workloads remain manageable.

    >> In the Forums: Developing a Web-based report
    "WolfmanDave" asked this question on developing a Web-based report. Can you help him?

    "I am developing a Web-based report that will be date-based so it will only contain data between two dates. The data will need to come from several views in order to accommodate all of the needed pieces to build the report, such as how many documents were created, how many were evaluated and how many closed in a month. I would like to use a form to display my results, as I can make a date selection using list boxes that refresh the form. Does anyone know how I can do this?"
    Help out "WolfmanDave."

    Tip of the Week:
    Expert administrator tip: Protect your Web site against e-mail address harvesters
    by Jens Bruntt
    Web sites that offer contact e-mail addresses for the site's users also inadvertently expose the company employees to unwanted e-mail, or spam. Here's one way of taking care of the problem using Domino.
    >> Read the full tip here

     Site Highlights

    Book Excerpt: Lotus Notes/Domino Application Development Exam Cram 2
    Get a jump on the soon-to-be released book written by Dave Hatter and Tim Bankes. They have written another book on Notes/Domino application development for certification exam preparation. This chapter, "Database management," briefly describes the various IBM Lotus Notes and Domino 6 clients available (as well as how each client is used), defines the Lotus Notes database, outlines how to create a Lotus Notes database and describes how to set up the database for application design. The book will be released this Tuesday, Dec. 16, 2003.
    Get your sneak peek here

    Survey: How much are you spending?
    Where is the Domino market headed? Tell us what your plans are for Notes/Domino investments in 2004 and which projects will be a priority for you, and we'll guide you along with articles and features on planning your projects.
    Take the 2004 SearchDomino.com spending survey
    New Poll: Are you offended?
    Take our new poll
    Los Angeles County recently asked technology vendors to eliminate the terms "master" and "slave" from equipment where one device or procedure controls another, because they may be considered offensive. Do you think the terms are offensive?

    Previous poll results:
    We asked about your Domino-related priorities for next year. See how you and your colleagues voted.

    Domino news delivered daily!
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Daily News.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    IM Learning Guide
    We give you a little background about IM, a glossary to look up related terms, some outside reading, and then you can take the quiz to see how much you've learned!
    Check it out

    Featured webcast
    Telesat Canada reveals how they turned their help desk from a cost center into a cost cutting center by implementing the right software.
    View webcast

    Career resources
    Find training, certification and resume resources in the SearchDomino.com Career Center powered by Dice. You'll also find over 30,000 IT job openings to search through.
    Visit now

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
    Copyright 2003 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":
    OR
      -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

    Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.