SEARCHDOMINO.COM | New and Notesworthy: JANUARY 2004
January 16, 2004

FROM OUR SPONSOR:

- FREE white paper - Effectively Training Notes 6/6.5 Users
http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,23327,00.htm?track=NL-201&tlcc

IN THIS ISSUE | NEW AND NOTESWORTHY: JANUARY ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. DOMINO/NOTES PRODUCT AND INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENTS
   - Idokorro gives admins PDA access to Domino
   - SoftQuest releases updated InstallPump
   - New RPR Wyatt center tackles Domino services
   - Partnership yields new password options
   - IM provider fortifies offering with new partnership
   - TLCC's WebSphere course certified by IBM
   - Anti-spam provider offers full outsourcing service
   - CertFX releases two WebSphere cert practice tests

2. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LINKS
   - Featured Topic: Top 10 developer tips for 2003
   - Take our Member Poll: Heading to Lotusphere?
   - Missing Link: Egad! Geeky stereotype shattered by Net study

Upgrading to Notes 6/6.5? Wondering how to train your users? Read a
FREE white paper on the different alternatives for Notes 6/6.5
training. Discover how to train users how to effectively use Notes 6
and Notes 6.5. Learn how to reduce help desk calls and how to
maximize your return on investment in your Notes/Domino
infrastructure. Visit TLCC at Lotusphere in booth 720!
http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,23327,00.htm?track=NL-201&tlcc

JAN. 2004 ANNOUNCEMENTS

IDOKORRO GIVES ADMINS PDA ACCESS TO DOMINO | Idokorro
Idokorro Mobile, Ottawa, has released Idokorro Mobile Admin version
2.5 for Blackberry, which features IBM Lotus Domino administration
and remote management of RIM's BlackBerry Enterprise Server 2.2 for
Domino. Using the device, Domino admins can send Domino console
commands, view, start and stop server tasks, reset user HTTP
passwords, view Domino server logs, and view and delete Mail.box
queues. They can also add users, remove users, view user statistics
and edit a user's PIN.
http://www.idokorro.com/

SOFTQUEST RELEASES UPDATED INSTALLPUMP | InstallPump
Norwalk, Conn.-based SoftQuest released InstallPump Version 2.5.1r
Build 608, a maintenance release that supports Lotus Notes up to
version 6.5, as well as the option of using Windows Installer (MSI
files) on the "files" tab. The "Notes: Setup Replicator Page" and the
"Switch All Desktop Icons" actions have been enhanced in the new
version, which can be downloaded free of charge for customers with a
current maintenance agreement.
http://www.installpump.com/

NEW RPR WYATT CENTER TACKLES DOMINO SERVICES | RPR Wyatt
RPR Wyatt, a Phoenix, Ariz.-based security software and services firm
for Domino users, has launched the RPR Wyatt SWAT (Services with a
Twist) Center, which brings together several of its offerings under
one banner. They include messaging migration support, training, spam
control, application development training, outsourced remote IT
administration and help desk support. The center is staffed by Lotus
Certified Professionals and covers Domino R4.6 and higher. Pricing
starts at $395 for a single, pre-paid service incident.
http://www.rprwyatt.com/

PARTNERSHIP YIELDS PASSWORD OPTIONS | PistolStar/Whale Communications
PistolStar Inc., Amherst, N.H., has partnered with Whale
Communications, Fort Lee, N.J., to let remote employees manage their
passwords from anywhere. Whale Communication's e-GapRemote Access
Appliance, a SSL VPN that enables browser-based access to corporate
intranet applications and files, is integrated with PistolStar's Web
Set Password, browser-based password security and management software
for IBM Lotus technology. Together, the two products let workers
remotely access critical information without jeopardizing security or
being locked out by password issues. The joint offering is billed as
a way to reduce help desk calls and enable single sign-on and
password synchronization.
http://www.pistolstar.com/
http://www.whalecommunications.com/

IM PROVIDER PARTNERSHIP FORTIFIES OFFERING | FaceTime/Symantec
Internet security provider Symantec Corp., Cupertino, Calif., and
instant messaging software firm FaceTime Communications, Foster City,
Calif., have integrated their products. The companies said that used
together, FaceTime's IM Guardian and the Symantec Enterprise Security
Architecture allow organizations to aggregate and analyze relevant
real-time instant messaging security data alongside events generated
by other security products. The integration of reporting protocols
into one security console alleviates the need to administer security
products from multiple platforms.
http://www.facetime.com/
http://www.symantec.com/

TLCC WEBSPHERE COURSE IBM-CERTIFIED | The Learning Continuum Company
The Learning Continuum Company announced that its newest course,
"Introduction to WebSphere Studio 5," has been certified by IBM. The
course teaches programmers and developers with basic Java skills how
to use WebSphere Studio to create, test and debug Java applications,
Web pages, servlets and JavaServer pages. The test is designed for
those preparing to be an IBM Certified Associate Developer in
WebSphere Studio.
http://www.teachmewebsphere.com/

ANTI-SPAM PROVIDER OFFERS FULL OUTSOURCING SERVICE | Katharion
Katharion, a Los Angeles-based anti-spam and anti-virus service
provider, has launched a fully outsourced enterprise service for
controlling spam and e-mail borne viruses. The e-mail filtering
system redirects incoming mail and screens it for spam and viruses
prior to reaching a company's network. It works with any e-mail
server and client software and requires no software installation,
integration or ongoing maintenance. Optional anti-virus protection is
also available for boosting existing anti-virus software.
http://www.katharion.com

CERTFX RELEASES TWO WEBSPHERE CERT PRACTICE TESTS | CertFX
Columbus, Ohio-based CertFX released two WebSphere certification
practice tests, designed to help intermediate-level administrators
prepare for and pass the 000-341 IBM Certified Advanced System
Administrator -- WebSphere Application Server V5.0 exam and the
000-340 IBM WebSphere Application Server, V5.0, Basic Administration
exam. The new tests contain more than 100 questions related to the
real WebSphere certification exam and include a supplemental
educational section, which explains each question and supplies
further details, as well as CertFX's pass guarantee, unlimited use,
lifetime maintenance and free upgrades. The practice tests can be
purchased and downloaded.
http://certfx.com/

>>Read these and other news stories here:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci944839,00.html?track=NL-201

TO INCLUDE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEW AND NOTESWORTHY, E-MAIL JON
PANKER, NEWS EDITOR: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

::::::::::  DON'T MISS THESE IMPORTANT FEATURES AND LINKS  ::::::::
TOP 10 DEVELOPER TIPS FOR 2003 | Featured Topic

Last week, we delivered the Top 10 admin tips of last year, and this
week it's the developers' turn. These expert- and member-written tips
helped out plenty of your fellow Domino developers.
http://www.searchDomino.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid4_gci943886,00.html?track=NL-201

>>See the 2003 Top 10 administrator tips:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid4_gci943159,00.html?track=NL-201

HEADING TO LOTUSPHERE? | Take our Member Poll

How many people is your company sending to this year's Lotusphere?
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/?track=NL-201#poll

THE MISSING LINK | Egad! Geeky stereotype shattered by Net study

Anyone who thinks an Internet junkie is a geeky loser with no life
may have to find new losers with no lives at whom they can look down
their noses. The World Internet Project did a study of "Netizens" in
14 countries (including the U.S., Britain, Germany, Japan and China)
and found that most of these hard-core mouse clickers actually have
friends, like to socialize, love to read and don't watch a whole lot
of TV -- not even the SciFi Channel. In fact, researchers found that
Internet users spend more time engaged in social activities than do
those who shun cyberspace. Who knows, maybe one day they'll say that
most Web surfers even shower regularly.

Source: Reuters
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=856&ncid=856&e=15&u=/nm/20040114/od_uk_nm/oukoe_tech_internet_world

:::::::::::::::::::: SEARCHDOMINO.COM CONTACTS ::::::::::::::::::::

JOYCE CHUTCHIAN, Site Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

JON PANKER, News Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

DANA MCCURLEY, Asst. Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your white papers and best Web links. (Please submit your
ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

GABRIELLE DERUSSY, Director of Site Sales
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT
media.  http://www.techtarget.com?track=NL-201

Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.