Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
A newsletter published by TechTarget
 January 19, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Enterprise Messaging Decisions: Qualify for early admission today!
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Microsoft courts uncertain Domino developers
>>  NEWS:  Bagle-A worm moving quickly
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  2003 roundup -- expert webcasts
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Priceline offers treat for Trekkies
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Microsoft courts uncertain Domino developers  (eWEEK)
Look for a series of initiatives from Redmond that will let Domino developers create Notes- and Domino-based Web services using Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio .Net and Visual Basic. The projects are designed to exploit Domino programmer fears that Lotus is nudging them away from LotusScript and toward Java.
More on this topic:
Discussion: Would you be tempted to move to a Microsoft development environment? Sound off!
Article: IBM Lotus says Domino isn't doomed
SPONSORED BY: ENTERPRISE MESSAGING CONFERENCE

Messaging is the backbone for any organization doing business today. From unified, secure, and instant messaging to EDI and all communications that facilitate e-commerce, messaging and the ability to understand its related complexities are paramount. Join us at the Enterprise Messaging Conference to learn more about this critical topic May 4-6, 2004 in Chicago.

Qualify for early admission to the Messaging Conference today!
NEWS
Bagle-A worm moving quickly (SearchSecurity.com)
The latest mass-mailing worm carries an expiration date and opens an unassigned port waiting for further instructions from its author.

NEWS
IBM to hire 15,000 employees (eWEEK)
Most of the new positions will be in software and services and about one-third will be U.S.-based jobs.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
2003 roundup -- expert webcasts
A roundup of our 2003 expert webcasts with speakers from IBM Lotus, SearchDomino.com and the Domino industry. They offer detailed advice on the latest developer and admin issues.

TAKE OUR MEMBER POLL
Are you 'Sphere bound?
Find out what other Domino shops are doing about Lotusphere. Are they sending the whole clan or one lucky person? Is it worth the trip or just a party? Take our poll, then SoundOff and tell us your priorities for the show.

DISCUSSION FORUM THREAD
Detect last time current DB replicated
"SiHague" writes:
I need to be able to detect (preferably using formula language) when the current database was last replicated. Does anyone know if this is possible?
>>  Help "SiHague."

THE MISSING LINK
Priceline offers treat for Trekkies

Kirk and Spock are back in the enterprise -- just not the U.S.S. Enterprise. Priceline, the company whose ads helped reaffirm the fact that William Shatner is a better actor than singer, has hired Leonard Nimoy to co-pitch (with Shatner) its new "name your own price" Web site. At least one analyst said that having two sci-ficons in one commercial could confuse customers, but Priceline thinks the move is highly logical.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Administrator Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
This newsletter is published by TechTarget, the most targeted IT media.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.
To unsubscribe from "Today's News":
OR
  -  Go to unsubscribe and enter your e-mail address to cancel your subscription

Please note, unsubscribe requests may take up to 24 hours to process; you may receive additional mailings during that time. A confirmation e-mail will be sent when your request has been successfully processed.