Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
An e-newsletter published by SearchDomino.com
 February 10, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Swing Software: SWING InOffice 2 Integrates Notes, Office and PDF!
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  IBM Lotus lays out strategy in white paper
>>  NEWS:  Doomjuice worm feeds off Mydoom
>>  SOUND OFF:  Outsourcing
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Love on the clock -- offices a hotbed of romance
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
IBM Lotus lays out strategy in white paper  (Lotus Advisor)
An IBM white paper traces the future of Notes/Domino, which was also laid out at this year's Lotusphere. The bottom line for those with careers staked on Lotus technologies is the need to get familiar with both DB2 and J2EE. Many users feel the strategy shows that IBM has finally realized that recreating all that Domino does in a J2EE environment isn't an easy task and that embracing Domino as a part of the Workplace strategy gets them there faster.
More on this topic:
Article: Workplace a work in progress
Article: IBM Lotus -- Domino isn't doomed
SPONSORED BY: SWING SOFTWARE

SWING INOFFICE 2 INTEGRATES NOTES, OFFICE AND PDF!
Just released SWING InOffice 2 is the only tool for Lotus Notes that provides both MS Office integration and PDF conversion in a single package, removing the need for an external PDF tool. Advanced reporting, charting, formatting, data exchange, and document distribution. Works with any Notes database.

Download today.
NEWS
Doomjuice worm feeds off Mydoom (SearchSecurity.com)
A new network worm appeared Monday to prey on machines compromised by Mydoom-A. After infecting systems, Doomjuice tries to launch a distributed denial of service attack on Microsoft's Web site.

NEWS
Demand for contract IT workers rising (vnunet)
A study done in the U.K. found openings for contract staff grew 4% in the last quarter, with certain skills in short supply. These include expertise in wireless, Linux, content management, real-time analytics, data mining, security, middleware, certification, business intelligence and knowledge management.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
  > Windows security track record improving
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

SOUND OFF
Outsourcing
SearchDomino.com editors thought that we'd take advantage of the fact that our members have such diverse backgrounds. We're poking the fire with the topic of offshore outsourcing. On one hand, it provides jobs overseas and lets American companies sell products and services for cheaper. On the other hand, it seems to be taking jobs away from Americans. Sound off on your opinion in our forum.
>>  Want to learn more about the issue? Check out our outsourcing Face-off.

TAKE OUR NEW POLL
Feel good about Domino?
After Lotusphere, how do you feel about Domino's future?

FEATURED EXPERT
Jens Bruntt, Web development and downloads
Web developers, ask away! Jens is ready to tackle your questions on LotusScript, Java, HTML, frames, etc.
>>  See all Jens' answers to members' Web dev questions.

THE MISSING LINK
Love on the clock -- offices a hotbed of romance

What could be a bigger office problem than spam? Try Cupid. Evidently, he can't keep his arrows in the quiver during business hours. A survey of businesses in the United Kingdom found that nearly 66% of employees fish off the company pier. But, like spam, love between the cubicles wreaks havoc on productivity -- half of the enamored respondents said that their work has been a casualty of their hearts. And to answer the question everyone wants to know: About 30% admitted to "getting physical" at work. So is IT the randiest of the bunch? Nope. That honor goes to the tourism and leisure industry, where eight out of 10 workers find love on company time.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving SearchDomino.com Developer Tips.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Contact us:
SearchDomino
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":