Title: searchDomino.com - Today's News: Headlines and advice for Domino/Notes professionals
Published by SearchDomino.com
 March 09, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text   >> About this e-mail
ISSUE SPONSORED BY:
>>  Enterprise Messaging Decisions: Qualify for early admission today!
 Today's Highlights

>>  LEAD STORY:  Developers not happy with new Java standard
>>  NEWS:  E-mail, attachments, heading for a divorce
>>  FEATURED TOPIC:  Domino destiny
>>  THE MISSING LINK:  Cop pays stiff price for camera phone snapshots
 News and Top Stories

LEAD STORY
Developers not happy with new Java standard  (InternetNews)
The Java Community Process is backing a standard for creating Web apps at the presentation layer that gives Java developers a more Microsoft-like programming experience, with drag-and-drop buttons, frames, forms and other visual components. Some developers, however, say it adds complexity without providing much value.
More on this topic:
Best Web Links: Application and Web development
Technical tips for developers
SPONSORED BY: ENTERPRISE MESSAGING DECISIONS

Messaging is the backbone for any organization doing business today. From unified, secure, and instant messaging to EDI and all communications that facilitate e-commerce, messaging and the ability to understand its related complexities are paramount. Join us at the Enterprise Messaging Conference to learn more about this critical topic May 4-6, 2004 in Chicago.

Qualify for early admission to the Messaging Conference today!
NEWS
E-mail, attachments, heading for a divorce (SearchExchange.com)
With e-mail attachments sucking up ever-increasing amounts of enterprise storage resources, something has to give. One messaging expert makes a case for caching.

NEWS
IBM offers iSeries service voucher (Search400.com)
IBM is offering a one-day service voucher for technologies like Lotus software to help SMBs get up and running on a Model 810 iSeries.

DAILY HEADLINES
All headlines, including those below, are available from our news page.
  > Enterprise IM leaves non-financial firms wanting
  > Palmisano gets $5.4 million bonus
 VIEW ALL NEWS AND TOP STORIES

 Announcements & Links

FEATURED TOPIC
Domino destiny
You've heard it all: From Domino doom to Domino delight, we've got all angles covered. Decide Domino's destiny yourself with these articles and resources.

TAKE OUR NEW POLL
Upgrading to ND6?
When will you upgrade to ND6?

Previous poll results:
We asked you if you were worried about losing your job to offshore outsourcing.

>>  See how you and your peers responded.

SOUND OFF FORUM
Are user groups useful?
Sue Hildreth wants to know if and how Domino/Notes user groups are dealing with the changing Lotus product/technology plans. Is your local user group supportive enough? Does it still exist?
>>  Let Sue know how you feel about user groups.

THE MISSING LINK
Cop pays stiff price for camera phone snapshots

Camera phones -- you don't even have to be alive for one of these gadgets to invade your space. A policeman in England took his camera phone into a hospital mortuary (he was there as part of a training course) and took snapshots of two corpses, as if he were on holiday with his family. Hey, at least the flash didn't make them blink! His superiors were not amused. They deleted the morbid moments and promptly canned the cop. His boss called it an act of "crass stupidity." Now that's candid.

FREE TIPS FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM!
Enter your e-mail and start receiving Domino & WebSphere Strategies.
E-mail

Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  Contact Us

SITE EDITOR
Joyce Chutchian
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

NEWS EDITOR
Jon Panker
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

ASSISTANT SITE EDITOR
Dana McCurley
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Send your white papers, best Web links, Ask the Experts questions and tips. (Please submit your ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

DIRECTOR OF SITE SALES
Gabrielle DeRussy
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Contact us:
SearchDomino
MemberServices
117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
Needham, MA 02494

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":