SEARCHDOMINO.COM | New and Notesworthy: March 2004
March 26, 2004

FROM OUR SPONSOR:

- Free Download: Generate Full Featured J2EE from your Notes
Apps.-NOW http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,26938,00.htm?track=NL-201&ad=479173&img

IN THIS ISSUE | NEW AND NOTESWORTHY: MARCH ANNOUNCEMENTS

1. DOMINO/NOTES PRODUCT AND INDUSTRY ANNOUNCEMENTS
   - Avalon Business Systems offers offline encryption
   - PistolStar announces IM and Web tool for SMBs
   - Proofpoint and Sigaba partner on messaging security
   - DYS Analytics pumps up Domino's performance at gas giant
   - CertFX offers preps for DB2 certifications
   - Vidius releases PortAuthority
   - Red Earth Software puts forth Policy Patrol v3.0

2. IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENTS AND LINKS
   - Lotus Live! Series Webcast: IBM Lotus Notes 6.5 client update
   - Take our Poll: Is enterprise IM worthy?
   - Missing Link: Millionaire sought to buy village

Free Download: Generate Full Featured J2EE from your Notes Apps. -
NOW

Benefit from migrating up to 80% of your existing Notes apps to J2EE
in just a few minutes, without investing in additional skills! With
only a few mouse clicks, IMG's xd.one is the perfect way to provide
J2EE apps while retaining the Lotus Domino backend. Register and
download now! Click Here:
http://searchDomino.com/r/0,,26938,00.htm?track=NL-201&ad=479173&img

MARCH 2004 ANNOUNCEMENTS

AVALON BUSINESS SYSTEMS' OFFLINE ENCRYPTION | Avalon Business Systems
Avalon Business Systems, a New York-based developer of mail reduction
utilities for use with Lotus Notes mail systems, announced the
addition of an offline encryption feature for its ReduceMail Pro
Archive product. The encryption feature, which is managed by a Lotus
Notes administrator, helps enhance security for archived mail stored
in off-site locations.
http://www.avabiz.com/

PISTOLSTAR ANNOUNCES IM AND WEB TOOL FOR SMBS | PistolStar
Amherst, N.H.-based PistolStar Inc. announced Facet Instant Messaging
and Web Conferencing Appliance for small and medium-sized businesses.
Built on IBM Lotus Instant Messaging and Web Conferencing (formerly
Sametime) and delivered on IBM eServer xSeries, the ready-to-run tool
features a new pre-configured design with advanced security and
management capabilities that give customers increased efficiencies,
advanced automation, simplified and secured access and reduced IT
costs.
http://www.pistolstar.com/

PROOFPOINT AND SIGABA PARTNER ON MESSAGING SECURITY | Sigaba
Cupertino,Calif.-based Proofpoint Inc. and San-Mateo, Calif.-based
Sigaba announced an alliance that allows customers to purchase and
implement an integrated e-mail policy tool through either company.
The combined solution, Proofpoint Protection Server with Sigaba
Secure Messaging, will provide protection from inbound threats
including spam and viruses; outbound e-mail policy management and
enforcement to ensure compliance with regulations such as HIPAA,
Sarbanes-Oxley and the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act; and secure messaging.
http://www.sigaba.com/

DYS ANALYTICS PUMPS UP DOMINO AT GAS GIANT | DYS Analytics
German industrial gas supplier Linde Gas has rolled out DYS Analytics
Inc.'s Control software to analyze, monitor and report on the 1.8
million e-mails it sends weekly and more than 60 GB of data
replicated daily across its Domino network. Wellesley, Mass.-based
DYS Analytics makes performance management software for messaging and
collaboration applications. According to a DYS Analytics release,
Linde Gas has saved more than $250,000 in collaboration
infrastructure costs. The efficiencies have come in identifying
wasteful e-mail practices and network abuse, optimizing replication
schedules and giving more executives access to e-mail reports.

Linde Gas' parent company, The Linde Group, is now also rolling out
DYS Analytics software.
http://www.dysanalytics.com/

CERTFX OFFERS PREPS FOR DB2 CERTIFICATIONS | CertFX
CertFX, in Columbus, Ohio, has released two practice exams for DB2
certification. The first, which features 170 questions, helps
candidates prepare for the 000-700 Certified Database Associate - DB2
Universal Database V8.1 Family. The second, a 100-question test,
readies students for the 000-701 IBM Certified Database Administrator
- DB2 UDB V8.1 for Linux, Unix and Windows exam. CertFX plans to
release other DB2 practice tests later this quarter.
http://www.certfx.com/

VIDIUS RELEASES PORTAUTHORITY | Vidius
Beverly Hills, Calif.-based Vidius Inc. released PortAuthority for
Lotus Notes, a security product that integrates the company's
PortAuthority SafeGuard optional thin client, giving users
single-button protection of confidential documents and files.
PortAuthority for Lotus Notes does not require desktop installation
or user training and works with existing e-mail systems, including
standards-based, antispam, antivirus and archiving systems. Using the
optional thin client, admins can protect specific documents, files or
excerpts and apply default distribution policies. The tool will
monitor for any version or fragment of that content and instantly
block it from unauthorized distribution.
http://vidius.com/

RED EARTH SOFTWARE PUTS FORTH POLICY PATROL V3.0 | Red Earth Software
Red Earth Software, in Portsmouth, N.H., unveiled Policy Patrol 3.0,
a suite of e-mail filtering tools for Lotus Notes. New features
include improved spam protection through the use of Bayesian
filtering, remote image detection, word pattern matching and
automatic folder tasks, which monitor quarantined messages and update
whitelists and blacklists.
http://redearthsoftware.com/

>>View these and other news stories here:
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid4_gci956943,00.html?track=NL-201&ad=479173

TO INCLUDE YOUR ANNOUNCEMENT IN NEW AND NOTESWORTHY, E-MAIL JON
PANKER, NEWS EDITOR: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

::::::::::  DON'T MISS THESE IMPORTANT FEATURES AND LINKS  ::::::::
IBM LOTUS NOTES 6.5 CLIENT UPDATE | Lotus Live! Series Webcast

SPEAKERS: Brendan Crotty, product manager for Lotus Notes
          Heidi Votaw, senior product management manager, IBM Lotus
DATE/TIME: NEXT WED., March 31 at noon EST (17:00 GMT)

Join Lotus' Brendan Crotty and Heidi Votaw for a live, interactive
update on Lotus Notes 6.5 client. Brendan and Heidi will discuss
what's new with IBM Lotus Notes, Domino Web Access, Lotus Domino
Access for Microsoft Outlook and messaging productivity enhancements,
including improved integration, productivity and usability. As
always, there will be plenty of time for questions after their
presentation. Don't miss this live event!

http://webevents.broadcast.com/techtarget/searchDomino/021104/index.asp?loc=09

>>Ask a question prior to the Lotus Live! Series webcast:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IS ENTERPRISE IM WORTHY? | Take our Poll

Do you think enterprise IM is worth the investment?
http://searchdomino.techtarget.com/?track=NL-201&ad=479173#poll

>>Don't forget to Sound Off about enterprise IM after you've voted:
http://discussions.techtarget.com/webx?replyToMessage@@.1dcffee8!action=postNew&setContentUrl=1

THE MISSING LINK | Millionaire sought to buy village

About half of the tiny thatched cottages in Gittisham, a small
village in southwestern England, are for sale -- and time is running
out. The man who owns the 27 cottages is ready to sell the homes at
prices the residents can't afford. With three months left, the
longtime renters have established a Web site, and a plan. They are
looking for someone with about $13 million to buy the homes,
establish a charitable trust, and let the people stay put. What they
need now is someone with a fat wallet and a big heart.

Source: Reuters
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=573&ncid=757&e=9&u=/nm/20040325/od_nm/village_dc

:::::::::::::::::::: SEARCHDOMINO.COM CONTACTS ::::::::::::::::::::

JOYCE CHUTCHIAN, Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your comments, opinions, best practices and ideas.

JON PANKER, News Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send in your news, product announcements and poll ideas.

DANA MCCURLEY, Asst. Editor (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Send your white papers and best Web links. (Please submit your
ATE questions and tips via SearchDomino.com.)

GABRIELLE DERUSSY, Director of Site Sales
(mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])
   >> Sponsor this or any other TechTarget newsletter.

This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web
site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and
conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.