Title: SearchDomino.com
April 01, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

SearchDomino.com
News Ask the Experts Tips Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
Bowstreet: Bringing Domino Data & Applications to WebSphere Portal

IN THIS ISSUE:
Creating dynamic categorized views
IBM Lotus still courting Exchange shops
Trillian won't fix enterprise IM interoperability
Database expert will steer Collaboration Suite
Lotus Live! Series Archive: Notes 6.5 client update

Advice
Creating dynamic categorized views
[IBM developerWorks]
This developer article shows you how to use XML, _javascript_ and the ReadViewEntries URL command to build categorized views that reduce network traffic and server load, and enhance the UI experience for end users. This article includes code examples.
MORE INFO:
See our tips on _javascript_.
Featured Topic: Domino, J2EE and Java

Bowstreet: Bringing Domino Data & Applications to WebSphere Portal
Learn about the Lotus Collaboration capabilities of Bowstreet Portlet Factory, which allow developers to create Domino portlets without writing Java code or learning the Domino or WebSphere Portal Java APIs. Also learn how to build "awareness" into a portlet, create custom Domino View portlets and more. Free Demo - Click Here.

IBM Lotus still courting Exchange shops
[e-Pro Magazine]
Lotus is eyeing the end of the line for Exchange 5.5 as an opportunity to woo companies to Domino. In addition to its Move2Lotus program, it is also emphasizing several business partner offerings that attempt to make the migration easier.

Trillian won't fix enterprise IM interoperability
[SearchNetworking.com]
Even though the Trillian instant messaging client offers a limited form of IM integration, experts say it's not the answer to the enterprise IM interoperability problem. However, those experts are optimistic that interoperable IM products are coming soon.

Database expert will steer Collaboration Suite
[SearchOracle.com]
Oracle is talking up its newly improved Collaboration Suite, which now has instant messaging features. Find out whether these enhancements are enough to give Microsoft and IBM a run for their money.

Also on SearchDomino.com
WEBCASTS: Lotus Live! Series Archive: Notes 6.5 client update
Catch a replay of yesterday's very popular webcast with Lotus' Brendan Crotty and Heidi Votaw. Their update on the Lotus Notes 6.5 client caught attendees up on IBM Lotus Notes, Domino Web Access, Lotus Domino Access for Microsoft Outlook and messaging productivity enhancements, including improved integration, productivity and usability. Catch a replay today.

TOPICS: Take our Member Poll: ROI on IM
Do you think enterprise IM is worth the investment?

Don't forget to Sound Off about enterprise IM after you've voted.

TOPICS: Developer Discussion Dilemma: Export into Excel from a Web view
"HennieVenter" writes:
It is easy to export a view into an Excel spreadsheet if you do it via Notes, but I can't find a way to do the same if I view the view in Internet Explorer. I can select the documents in the Web view, but I then don't have a way of exporting it.

Help this Domino developer.

The Missing Link
Becoming one with your inner geek
Ever wonder what kind of geek you truly are? Well, if you were a class-cutting recluse who hid in the computer room and you sometimes find yourself humming Sinatra tunes, you may be a "classic geek." But if you're a chain-smoking technology tinkerer, your geek classification could be "secret anarchist." Take this quiz to define your place in the geek hierarchy -- and see which famous nerds share your label.
Full Story

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free Newsletters!
Select newsletter you would like to receive via e-mail!

SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

ABOUT THIS E-NEWSLETTER
TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":