Title: Today's News
  June 24, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics Ask the Experts Tips Webcasts White Papers Products and Vendors
IN THIS ISSUE:
  > Pair of Notes/Domino vulnerabilities discovered
  > Spam remains IT security issue
  > Can't face your interface?
  > More headlines
  > Toolbar tip to improve R6 performance
  > The Missing Link: Will the person who invented Linux, please stand up?

SPONSORED BY:  SearchDomino.com Product & Vendor Guide

The Buyers guide is one of the most comprehensive directories of vendor and product information on the Web. It covers a wide range of areas for your research needs, including Application Dev, E-Commerce Solutions, Security and more. Simply search by topic, company name or keyword and you have access to complete vendor and important product information without having to comb through multiple sites.

Click Here!

Headlines

Pair of Notes/Domino vulnerabilities discovered
[SearchDomino.com]
Two moderately critical Notes and Domino security flaws have been discovered, and they could be exploited to conduct cross-site scripting attacks and compromise some systems.

MORE INFO:
Need help with Notes/Domino security? Ask our expert, Chuck Connell
Learn how to find a PC that's sending spam through a Domino server

Spam remains IT security issue
[SearchSecurity.com]
A new Symantec survey shows spam just keeps going, and going, and going. And it can't be ignored, experts say, because the security threats associated with spam are indeed real.

Can't face your interface?
[Enterprise Networks and Servers]
According to one industry observer, Lotus Workplace's potential lies in its ability to unite disparate application interfaces, which commonly waste users' time by forcing them to flip back and forth from one application to another.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
Yahoo blocks Trillian, and will keep blocking (CNET News.com)
Comdex cancelled in 2004 (San Francisco Chronicle)

Also on SearchDomino.com

TIPS: Toolbar tip to improve R6 performance
Speed up performance of your Notes client by following this helpful toolbar hint.

ASK THE EXPERTS: Ask Chuck Connell: Corrupt mail files prohibit ACL/DB access
Dear Chuck: One of our user's mail files is corrupted. When we try to open the database, it shows an error: "Access to data denied." This mail file is not on a server; it's a Local Copy. When we try to access ACLs or database properties, or make a new copy of the database, we get the same error. When we try to replicate this database with server copy, the error "Cannot find the database" pops up. Do you have any idea why this is happening and how we can fix it?
Click here to read Chuck's expert response.

TOPICS: Best Web Links: User Groups
We've spanned the globe so you don't have to. Find out where and when your peers are getting together, what they are up to and develop your own "people network" with Domino professionals both close to home and around the world. We're always expanding this, so send us your user group listing if it isn't listed here.

Also, in response to one member's suggestion, we're asking readers to help us compile a collection of "Top 10 Domino blogs." So, please share your favorite Domino blog sites with us, including why you recommend them. We'll share that information in the near future.

The Missing Link

The Missing Link: Will the person who invented Linux, please stand up?
[SearchEnterpriseLinux.com]
Which came first, the penguin or the egghead? Sadly, we don't have an answer for that nagging question, but we do know where the bull comes from -- from the myriad of people who claim they invented Linux. At least Al Gore isn't one of them.
Full story

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":