Title: SearchDomino.com
Published by SearchDomino.com
searchDominoThis Week
July 26, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the editor:
  • Participate in ITKnowledgeExchange beta
  • >> Featured Topic:
  • Best Domino blogs
  • >> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Andre Guirard, Domino Development
  • Site Exclusives:
    >>Spam, encryption to drive security spending
    >>Lotus' unending crusade against spam
    >>IBM rolls out Workplace tools
    >>Chapter Download: Unwilling accomplices
  • Tips of the Week:
    >>Get database by title
    >>Test your formulas
  • >> Webcasts:
  • Understand and manage WebSphere
  • Implementing BlackBerry
  • Combat spam

  •  From the Editor:

    by Tom Pappalardo, Web and Event Marketing Manager

    Dear SearchDomino.com member:

    I'd like to introduce you to the latest service for SearchDomino.com members -- ITKnowledgeExchange. This new feature is an online community designed to get you in touch with other Domino professionals to help you solve your IT problems.

    It is not a simple forum, blog or e-mail service, ITKnowledgeExchange is a place where IT professionals can share ideas, expertise and get those difficult technical questions answered by other IT pros. It provides the opportunity to collaborate with groups and individual experts who share your IT problems and can provide solutions to your issues.

    ITKnowledgeExchange's features and functionality are more enhanced than listservs or forums. They allow you to selectively choose which members receive your questions, based on their skills, experience and IT background. Here is a sampling of some of the topics that are already being discussed among your peers on ITKnowledgeExchange:

  • IBM DB2 Topics
  • Email, Messaging or Content/Knowledge Management Applications Topics
  • Networking Topics
  • Hardware & Software Platforms Topics

    ITKnowledgeExchange is still currently in beta. We hope you will sign up and participate. We would love to hear your comments on this new service and appreciate your help in making it a success.

    Regards,
    Tom

  •  Featured Topic:

    Best Domino blogs
    by Christine Polewarczyk, Editor

    There is a plethora of blogs on the Web, providing even more cohesiveness and information exchange to an already tight Domino community. Here's a look at some of our favorites.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Andre Guirard
    Category: Domino Development

    Dear Andre:
    I'm new to LotusScript. I need to write an agent to create a calendar entry or appointment. How do I go about this? I have searched on LDD and OpenNTF but can't find an example. Do you know where I can find a snippet?
    Click here to read Andre's expert response or ask a question of your own.

    Site Exclusives:
    >> Spam, encryption to drive security spending
    The market for enterprise security products will double in the next four years, due in large part to concerns over e-mail-based threats, new research finds.

    >> Lotus' unending crusade against spam
    The chief of Lotus' antispam research group says there's no cure-all, but promising technologies and worldwide cooperation could soon turn the tide in favor of Notes users.

    >> IBM rolls out Workplace tools
    Big Blue is touting a set of programming tools designed to make it easier for corporate developers, as well as ISVs, to create customized add-ons for its Lotus Workplace desktop platform.

    >> Chapter Download: Unwilling accomplices
    In this chapter, you'll learn how to protect yourself from being used as an unwilling pawn in a spammer's attack.

    Tip of the Week:
    Get database by title
    Get a handle to any database anywhere in your Notes environment. This LotusScript code works by getting the database details from the Catalog.

    Test your formulas
    Need to test your formula quickly? This fast keyboard trick will do it in a jiff.

    >> Check out all our tips.

     Site Highlights

    Webcast: Understand and manage WebSphere
    Attend this webcast and get information on how to manage, integrate and deploy WebSphere. And, developers, learn how to fine-tune your applications to use resources more efficiently.
    Watch and listen to this webcast now.

    Webcast: Implementing BlackBerry
    This webcast will leave you with the tools you need to successfully run a BlackBerry pilot in your organization and smoothly migrate that pilot into a production environment.
    Register now to attend.
    Webcast: Combat spam
    Register to attend this webcast on July 28 at 2 p.m. EDT.
    Spammers are shifting tactics by using new covert and creative tactics designed to get past conventional spam content filters. Learn how spam filters operate, how spammers are attempting to defeat these content filtering technologies and how you can protect your organization.

    This new monthly tip will teach you how to manage spam and keep your systems secure.
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Spam and Security Tip.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Spam white paper
    Read this informative white paper on the threat of DHA and how you can protect your e-mail directory from this spammers' tactic.
    Read it.

    Wireless white paper
    This white paper provides clarification and explanation of the various wireless offerings available and will help ease the effort of evaluating a wireless solution.
    Get it here.

    BlackBerry tips
    Get tips and tricks from the most avid BlackBerry users. In this webcast, you'll learn about how to get the most use out of BlackBerry shortcut keys, notification profiles and saved messages.
    Learn more.

      A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    TechTarget
    Contact us:
    SearchDomino
    Member Services
    117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
    Needham, MA 02494

    This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
    TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
    Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":