Title: Today's News
  July 27, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > mNotes 3.5 by CommonTime - Lotus Notes goes mobile

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Scalix CEO: Broad demand for Linux messaging
  >  Groove strikes integration deal
  >  Managing IM's risks and rewards
  >  More headlines
  >  Featured Topic: Best Domino blogs
  >  How much are you spending on spam control?
  >  Lotus Live! Series Webcast: Workplace certification
  >  The Missing Link: True.com a love site for sore eyes

AD FREE TRIAL:mNotes 3.5 Push NOTES DATA wirelessly
Mobile professionals choose mNotes to push Lotus Notes PIM data to their Smartphone or PDA. Why? -mNotes supports both cradle and wireless connections -Why be chained to one device? WinMobile, Palm compatibility and more -Scalable from personal use to full corporate deployments with device management and AES over-the-air or on-device security. Free trial. Toll free +1 866 706 0609 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.commontime.com/sdmnotestrial.htm

Headlines

Scalix CEO: Broad demand for Linux messaging
[SearchEnterpriseLinux.com]
Scalix Corp. CEO Julie Hanna Farris says companies of all sizes are turning to Linux as a messaging platform.

MORE INFO:
Learn how to install and configure Domino on Linux 7.1
Read our exclusive: Notes 6.5 supports mainframes running Linux

Groove strikes integration deal
[CNET News.com]
Groove has inked a deal with Casahl Technology to improve integration between its desktop collaboration software and back-end systems, such as e-mail and packaged applications.

Managing IM's risks and rewards
[IndustryWeek]
According to one columnist, instant messaging can be a valuable business tool if implemented properly, but the technology also has risks that many companies may not be aware of.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
IBM to build supercomputer for U.S. military (Reuters)
IBM readies dual-core PowerPC (eWEEK)

Also on SearchDomino.com

TOPICS:  Featured Topic: Best Domino blogs
There is a plethora of blogs on the Web, providing even more cohesiveness and information exchange to an already tight Domino community. Here's a look at some of our favorites.

POLLS:  How much are you spending on spam control?
How much is your company spending on spam control this year compared with last year?
Cast your vote in our new poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked you if the recently discovered Notes/Domino vulnerabilities had you more concerned about platform security?
Here's what you and your peers told us.

WEBCASTS:  Lotus Live! Series Webcast: Workplace certification
SPEAKER: Barbara Bowen, Lotus Certification Program Manager
DATE/TIME: This Thursday, July 29 @ noon EDT (16:00 GMT)

Barbara Bowen, Lotus Certification Program Manager and resident SearchDomino.com Certification Expert, will provide an overview of the new Lotus Workplace Certification Program and discuss the skills you will need moving forward. Barbara will then spend some time giving you an update to Notes and Domino and Collaborative Solutions. After her presentation, Barbara will also answer your specific certification questions.
Register now to attend this live webcast!

The Missing Link

True.com a love site for sore eyes
[Associated Press]
Spam has one. Smut does, too. Now you can add "cad" to the list. A new online dating service has found something to separate it from the rest of the love pack -- a philanderer filter that weeds out the married. True.com, which is living up to its name, has figured out that there's nothing worse than learning Mr. Right is really Mr. Right After I Get Divorced. The site uses public records to single out married, would-be adulterers and to screen for felons.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":