Title: Administrator Tips
  August 12, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Administrator Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > Postini

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  LDAP, Domino and Windows: Making it work
  >  Preventing spam mail in Notes/Domino 6
  >  More recently posted administrator tips
  >  Tip Contest: Share you admin know-how and you could win $100!
  >  New Poll: Your thoughts on the recent Radicati controversy?
  >  Featured Topic: Bizarre IT stories
  >  ITKnowledgeExchange: Help us beta test this new feature!

AD Free White Paper: How spammers are stealing your email directory
Did you know that spammers are probing your email system in an attempt to identify and "harvest" legitimate email addresses from your organization? This is what is know as the "silent killer" or "directory harvest attack" (DHA). A rising industry threat , you may have already observed some of the symptoms of these virtually undetectable attacks on your email systems. Learn what you can do today to protect your organization from these attacks. Click here for your Free White Paper.

Headlines

LDAP, Domino and Windows: Making it work
[Michael Lazar]
In this Q&A, Michael Lazar, SearchDomino.com's resident expert for our Domino Administration Ask the Experts category, answers a handful of member questions about using LDAP in a mixed Domino and Windows environment.

Expert Answer Center: Domino administration blog
>From daily tips on Domino administration to thoughts on the latest "Domino doom" study, SearchDomino.com expert Mike Lazar is blogging his way through movie quotes and familiar sayings. Feel free to reply, and we'll post your reply anonymously or not) alongside Mike's post. Visit the Expert Answer Center today to check out Mike's latest Domino musings or to ask him a question on Domino admin. But hurry, because Mike is only the featured expert until Aug. 13.

Preventing spam mail in Notes/Domino 6
[Dick McCarrick]
Notes/Domino 6 includes several important features that help prevent spam mail from entering your organization and reaching your users. This article discusses these features. We start with an overview of spam and general techniques for preventing it. Then we examine in detail Notes/Domino 6 antispam features and how you can use these to help minimize the impact of unsolicited e-mail in your environment.

More recently posted administrator tips
[SearchDomino.com]

  • Policy-based system administration with Domino 6 (July 29, 2004)
  • Monitoring WebSphere performance (July 28, 2004)
  • Cool tricks for password recovery (July 14, 2004)
  • More protection against e-mail address harvesters (July 14, 2004)
  • The dangers of 'dummy' e-mail accounts (June 16, 2004)
  • Toolbar tip to improve R6 performance (June 10, 2004)
  • Troubleshooting agents in Notes/Domino 5 and 6 (June 10, 2004)
  • Manage all your databases at once (June9, 2004)
  • Policies and archive bug (June 7, 2004)
  • Password expiration for Notes IDs (May 24, 2004)
  • Can't launch attachments? Check the form security (May 24, 2004)
  • Secret Notes client for Domino 5.x (W32) (May 24, 2004)
  • Monitoring cluster replication (May 20, 2004)
  • An easy way to organize resources in names.nsf (May 13, 2004)

    Tip Contest: Share you admin know-how and you could win $100!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    Send in your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, timesavers or code now for your chance to win a hundred bucks! Whoever submits the highest rated tip will receive a $100 American Express gift cheque.
    Submit your tip here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    POLLS:  New Poll: Your thoughts on the recent Radicati controversy?
    Following the recent Radicati Group controversy surrounding its Microsoft/Lotus white paper, do you consider its findings valid (even if you may not agree)? Cast your vote in our new poll..

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked you how much your company is spending on spam control this year compared to last year. Here's what you and your peers told us.

    TOPICS:  Featured Topic: Bizarre IT stories
    Having a stressful day? Time for a coffee break. Go grab a cup of Joe, then sit back, relax and take in a few of these amusing IT tales. They're sure to help lighten your mood.

    WHAT'S NEW:  ITKnowledgeExchange: Help us beta test this new feature!
    ITKnowledgeExchange is a place where IT professionals can share ideas, expertise and get those difficult technical questions answered by other IT pros. Better than a forum or listserv, it provides the opportunity to collaborate with groups and individual experts who share similar areas of IT expertise. This new feature is currently in beta. Sign up today and help us make it a success! We look forward to your feedback.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip
     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

    Not a Member? We?ll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Administrator Tips":