Title: Today's News
  October 25, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > New Feature at SearchDomino.com: ITKnowledge Exchange

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  For Australian cops, Notes upgrade cheaper than expected
  >  IBM to offer security warning reports
  >  iSeries image campaigns prove ineffective
  >  More headlines
  >  Featured Topic: The future of Domino
  >  Ask Brian Mahoney: Creating an action button on a Web form
  >  Poll: Does your company integrate ND data with mobile devices?
  >  The Missing Link: I've got those old 'I'm being Googled' blues again

Headlines

For Australian cops, Notes upgrade cheaper than expected
[Australian IT]
The New South Wales police force estimated that a massive IT overhaul, which includes replacing a mainframe-based e-mail system with Lotus Notes and creating a single sign-on and identity management system, would cost $500 million dollars, but it now expects the upgrades to cost less than half that.

MORE INFO:
Check out our TCO analysis on a Domino migration
Learn how to get Domino back in the boss's good graces

New Feature at SearchDomino.com: ITKnowledge Exchange
Join ITKnowledge Exchange -- the new member service from SearchDomino.com. ITKnowledge Exchange is a dynamic, online community where you can exchange knowledge, share ideas, expertise, and get answers to your technical and strategic Notes and Domino questions from other IT pros from all over the world. Sign up today!

IBM to offer security warning reports
[The New York Times]
Today IBM will augment its security consulting service with a new monthly report called the Global Business Security Index. It will use data from IBM employees and its worldwide collection of network sensors to provide early warning of a range of computer vulnerabilities.

iSeries image campaigns prove ineffective
[Search400.com]
Despite its efforts, IBM has been unable to shake the midrange platform's outdated image. However, a new branding campaign is in the works.

More headlines
[From around the Web]
IBM's push for automation (eWEEK)
More companies keeping tabs on IM (CNET News.com)
Global Exchange to buy IBM services units (CNET News.com)
New ThinkPad updates usability, security (PC Magazine)

Also on SearchDomino.com

TOPICS:  Featured Topic: The future of Domino
Is the decline of Domino impending and inevitable? Will Workplace replace Domino as IBM Lotus' next-generation collaboration environment? We take a closer look in this featured topic.

ADVICE:  Ask Brian Mahoney: Creating an action button on a Web form
Dear Brian: I have a Web form that I want to put an action button on. When clicked, it should open the current document with a different form and then print it.
Click here to read Brian's expert response.

POLLS:  Poll: Does your company integrate ND data with mobile devices?
We want to know if your company integrates Notes/Domino data with mobile devices. Cast your vote in our poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked how you would describe your knowledge of LotusScript. Here's what you and your peers told us.

The Missing Link

I've got those old 'I'm being Googled' blues again
[CNET News.com]
Your boss may be Googling you right now -- whether you like it or not. Or maybe you're Dogpiling your boss. According to a new survey from Harris Interactive (done for search engine Dogpile), nearly a quarter of grownup Net surfers in the U.S. have conducted online searches for their clients, customers, workers and supervisors. More than half of the snoopy surfers said they searched because they were simply curious. The survey also found that men were more likely than women to enlist the mouse to kill the curiosity.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
 SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":