Title: Today's News
  January 13, 2005 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Today's News

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  IBM Lotus delivers Web content management for SMBs
  >  Who heads patent count for 2004?
  >  Revisiting the definitive SOA definition
  >  More headlines
  >  New Poll: Roll-outs and updates
  >  _javascript_ Learning Guide
  >  Domino Dictionary Challenge: Talk to me
  >  The Missing Link: iPod goes to the head of the M-Class
SPONSORED BY:  SearchDomino.com Product & Vendor Guide

The Buyers guide is one of the most comprehensive directories of vendor and product information on the Web. It covers a wide range of areas for your research needs, including Application Dev, E-Commerce Solutions, Security and more. Simply search by topic, company name or keyword and you have access to complete vendor and important product information without having to comb through multiple sites.

Click Here!

Headlines

IBM Lotus delivers Web content management for SMBs
[SearchDomino.com]
Recently, IBM moved to spread use of its IBM Workplace Web Content Management software via a Standard Edition aimed at small- and medium-size businesses (SMBs).

MORE INFO:
Read about Workplace
Learn about Big Blue's battles to woo SMBs

Who heads patent count for 2004?
[ITFacts.biz]
According to United States Patent and Trademark Office data, as reported by ITFacts.biz, the top patent producer in 2004 was none other than IBM. H-P, Micron Technology and Intel are the other U.S.-based companies in the top 10.

Revisiting the definitive SOA definition
[SearchWebServices.com]
How do you define a service-oriented architecture, and arrive at some common ground what makes up an SOA?

More headlines
[From around the Web]
User: Support for rock-solid PostgreSQL a 'no-brainer' (SearchEnterpriseLinux.com)
Microsoft rules out new Exchange data store (SearchExchange.com)

Also on SearchDomino.com

POLLS:  New Poll: Roll-outs and updates
What do you find the most difficult among administrative tasks today -- rolling out client-side revisions, handling vendor software updates? We want you to tell us! Cast your vote in our poll.

PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked if you could change Domino, what would you do? Here is what you told us.

GUIDES:  _javascript_ Learning Guide
This SearchDomino.com guide introduces you to _javascript_ in a Notes/Domino environment, explains best practices and pitfalls to avoid and provides troubleshooting help and advice. You'll find _javascript_ articles, tutorials, tips, tools, white papers, expert advice and more to pump up your _javascript_ know-how quickly.

GLOSSARY:  Domino Dictionary Challenge: Talk to me
This is software from Lotus for group collaboration over the Internet. Essentially a synchronous groupware application, it was designed to facilitate communication among geographically dispersed coworkers and others.
Think you know the term? Click here to find out.

The Missing Link

iPod goes to the head of the M-Class
[CNET News.com]
High-end car owners demanded more from their automobiles, and Apple has answered. While the majority of Americans struggled to keep up on their car payments this winter, owners of Mercedes-Benz and Ferrari vehicles decided that there was no safe place to put their iPod. Now, however, iPod kits are being offered by the likes of Volvo, Mercedes and Ferrari to the tune of $299. The kits allow drivers to connect the digital music devices directly to the car's dashboard displays, ensuring that not one note of Yanni be missed on the way to the weekly squash match.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

 SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
 SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

To unsubscribe from "Today's News":