Title: Administrator Tips
  January 20, 2005 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Administrator Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  > The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers
  > iLumin -- Address your email management headaches

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  HIPAA Computer security and Domino, revisited
  >  Increase Fault Recovery Notification capabilities
  >  More recently posted administrator tips
  >  Tip Contest: Hurry! Submit your tip now to win a Digital Camera!
  >  Live Webcast: Domino 7 LS Web Services to call from .Net apps
  >  Ask Michael Lazar: SSO - How do we get it to work?
  >  Featured Topic: Top 10 expert responses of 2004

Headlines

HIPAA Computer security and Domino, revisited
[Chuck Connell]
If your organization is involved with the healthcare business in any way -- including billing, data storage, consulting and software development -- now is really the time to get moving. The deadline for implementation of the HIPAA security rules is April 20 this year.

The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers
Sign up to receive the White Paper Alerts newsletter from SearchDomino.com to keep up with the latest additions to our White Paper Library. White paper topics include Migration/Upgrades, Messaging, Domino vs. Exchange, Administration, Development and more. Subscribe now!

Increase Fault Recovery Notification capabilities
[Scott Noebel]
On the Basics Tab of the Server Document, Domino 6.x offers the Domino Administrators some very useful fault recovery capabilities. This tip discusses how to increase Fault Recovery Notification capabilities.

More recently posted administrator tips
[SearchDomino.com]
  • Don't forget NotesAdministrationProcess (Jan. 12, 2005)
  • Notes certificates: What are they? (Jan. 4, 2005)
  • Block external images from loading in HTML e-mail (Jan. 3, 2005)
  • When resetting your unread count, save your unread marks (Dec. 30, 2004)
  • Remove unnecessary bookmark icons (Dec. 22, 2004)
  • Notes licensing: Not so mysterious (Dec. 15, 2004)
  • Notes ID files vs. regular computer accounts (Dec. 7, 2004)
  • Preparing for consolidation -- Part 2 (Dec. 1, 2004)
  • Bypass filters -- Get out of jail (Nov. 18, 2004)
  • Preparing for consolidation -- Part 1 (Nov. 16, 2004)
  • Keep posted on your environment (Nov. 3, 2004)
  • Removing Domino iSeries folders (Nov. 2, 2004)
  • Domino Web Access and JavaConnect client (Nov. 1, 2004)

    Tip Contest: Hurry! Submit your tip now to win a Digital Camera!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    Time is running out in our current tip contest! There are just a couple of weeks left to win an Olympus Stylus D535 3.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom! Send in your Notes/Domino tip, trick, timesaver or code today if you want to get in the running. You can't win if you don't play!
    Submit your tip and check out the prize here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    WEBCASTS:  Live Webcast: Domino 7 LS Web Services to call from .Net apps
    SPEAKER: Gary Devendorf - Technology Evangelist, Microsoft Corp.
    DATE/TIME: Feb. 2, noon EST (17:00, GMT)

    Web Services in Notes/Domino 7 represent a potent new tool for the developer. During this webcast, Gary Devendorf will create a Web Service from scratch, and then call it from Visual Studio.Net. It will change the way you think of Notes apps.
    Click here to register for this webcast.

    AD Turn Email from Black Hole into Corporate Asset
    During the past 3 years, 75% of IT departments surveyed by Osterman Research were required to search backup tapes to retrieve emails requested by their legal or HR department. Learn how your company can do this tedious task with ease through this report that examines the pain points involved in message archiving and provides "best practices" around addressing email and IM record keeping issues. Click here to view this Osterman Research Report.

    ADVICE:  Ask Michael Lazar: SSO - How do we get it to work?
    Dear Mike: We want users to log on to their Windows PC once. They should not have to log on a second or third time to access applications residing on our three Domino servers (one Quickplace server and one Sametime server). All of the servers are the latest versions, e.g., Domino 6.53 etc. We run Windows 2003 on all servers, use Microsoft Active Directory for accounts and use the Domino Directory for all of the Domino stuff. All of our passwords are in sync. We have not been able to get it to work -- yet. Can you please help?
    Click here to read Mike's expert response.

    TOPICS:  Featured Topic: Top 10 expert responses of 2004
    When you need Lotus Notes Domino advice, SearchDomino's Ask The Expert section is the place to turn. We've gathered the most popular expert responses to questions submitted by our members in 2004 and listed them all right here.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
     SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

    Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Administrator Tips":