Title: Developer Tips
  February 01, 2005 Published by  SearchDomino.com

Developer Tips

searchDomino.com
News Topics ITKnowledge Exchange Tips Ask the Experts Webcasts White Papers
Issue Sponsored By:
  >  The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers

IN THIS ISSUE:
  >  Beware of attachments when writing docs to mail.box in R6
  >  Trim returns and linefeeds functions
  >  Tip Talkback: Copy names.nsf data and manipulate views
  >  More recently posted developer tips
  >  Tip Contest: You could win a TiVo 40-Hour DVR!
  >  Live Webcast: Domino 7 LS Web Services to call from .Net apps
  >  Ask Andre Guirard: Create personal doc in public address book
  >  Poll: What about DB2?

Headlines

Beware of attachments when writing docs to mail.box in R6
[Marie Turner]
Picture this scenario: You have a workflow application involving e-mail notifications out to users where the notifications come "from" the application itself. It worked perfectly in R5. But when you place it on an R6 server, it begins to error with a "You are not authorized" message. You're stumped! Nothing has changed ACL-wise! But the application is now unusable and your users are hopping mad. Before this happens to you, you might want to review your code for the following.

The Latest SearchDomino.com White Papers
Sign up to receive the White Paper Alerts newsletter from SearchDomino.com to keep up with the latest additions to our White Paper Library. White paper topics include Migration/Upgrades, Messaging, Domino vs. Exchange, Administration, Development and more. Subscribe now!

Trim returns and linefeeds functions
[Joe Steblay]
Do you have to export a large amount of data and need a better and quicker way to remove carriage returns from fields? This tip gives you a non-looping script that cleans up carriage returns/line feeds from text in a field.

Tip Talkback: Copy names.nsf data and manipulate views
[SearchDomino.com]
Several SearchDomino.com members e-mailed us with comments on this tip, which was featured in the January 25 Developer Tip e-newsletter. Click the link above to read what they had to say.

More recently posted developer tips
[SearchDomino.com]
  • Extract attachments and indicate a new location (Jan. 12, 2005)
  • Remove duplicate attachments from user's e-mail database (Jan. 4, 2005)
  • Copy names.nsf data and manipulate views (Dec. 27, 2004)
  • Copy attachments in LotusScript without detaching (Dec. 27, 2004)
  • Get all e-mail headers using LotusScript (Dec. 20, 2004)
  • Extract attachments from e-mail (Dec. 16, 2004)
  • Using DXL (Domino XML) to review/modify documents (Dec. 15, 2004)
  • Know document changes since last save (Dec. 14, 2004)
  • Compact code for field validation (Dec. 14, 2004)
  • Reusable field validation function (Dec. 10, 2004)
  • Tracking session timeout (Dec. 10, 2004)
  • Load delimited text file (Dec. 1, 2004)

    Tip Contest: You could win a TiVo 40-Hour DVR!
    [SearchDomino.com]
    It's a new month and a new tip contest! This time around submit your tip and you could win the very poular TiVo Series2 40-Hour DVR! Submit your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, timesavers or code today for your chance to win.
    Check out the prize and submit your tip here.

    Also on SearchDomino.com

    WEBCASTS:  Live Webcast: Domino 7 LS Web Services to call from .Net apps
    SPEAKER: Gary Devendorf - Technology Evangelist, Microsoft Corp.
    DATE/TIME: Feb. 2, noon EST (17:00, GMT)

    Web Services in Notes/Domino 7 represent a potent new tool for the developer. During this webcast, Gary Devendorf will create a Web Service from scratch, and then call it from Visual Studio.Net. It will change the way you think of Notes apps.
    Click here to register for this webcast.

    ADVICE:  Ask Andre Guirard: Create personal doc in public address book
    Dear Andre: I have a small application where I have to create a personal document in the public address book from data in a .CSV file. Can you please help me?
    Click here to read Andre's expert response.

    POLLS:  Poll: What about DB2?
    There are new Designer updates to support DB2. We want to know your opinion on this. Cast your vote in our poll.

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS: In our last poll, we asked what you find the most difficult among administrative tasks today. Here is what you told us.

    Contact Us
    Sales
    For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Editorial
    For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
    [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    Free E-Newsletters!
    Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

     SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies

    Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

  • TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.

    To unsubscribe from "Developer Tips":