May 7, 2001

Dear searchSolaris.com Member,

Here are this week's highlights of upcoming news and events:

* Ask the Solaris Experts
* New Administrator Tips
* Site Exclusive
* Featured Event
* Best Solaris Web Links - Security
* Win a Sony MP3 player!
* Learning Zone Book of the Week
* SearchSolaris Buyer's Guide
* Job of the Week
* Featured Destination - searchWebManagement.com

ASK THE SOLARIS EXPERTS
Sit Back and Relax - Let our experts handle your toughest challenges!
SearchSolaris's Ask the Experts is the place to get your technical
and implementation questions answered by some of the leading
authorities in the Solaris field. Our experts have been chosen by our
editorial team for their knowledge of specific technology areas.
Click below and submit a question today!
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateExperts/0,289622,sid12,00.html

Meet all of the searchSolaris experts!
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateExpertsBios/0,289621,sid12,00.html

NEW ADMINISTRATOR TIPS!!
*What's in netstat -k
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci549683,00.html

*The SMTP account
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci549676,00.html

To see all of our Admin Tips click here:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid12_tax281849,00.html

SITE EXCLUSIVE
*Quick Takes: A sar is born
A sar is born in this week's Quick Takes. Neither Janet Gaynor nor
Barbra Streisand are in the picture -- although there is some drama,
as in a dramatically updated performance management tool for Solaris
SPARC.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci548129,00.html

**FEATURED EVENT**
2001 USENIX Annual Technical Conference
June 25-30, 2001
Marriott Copley Place Hotel
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
http://www.usenix.org/events/usenix01/
REGISTER BY May 25, 2001 and Save up to $200!

BEST SOLARIS WEB LINKS - Security
No matter how secure your OS is, hackers have a notorious reputation
for finding new ways to crack into networks regardless of the efforts
of any one company. Here you will find links to Solaris-related
security patches, and news and tips about the latest innovations in
bullet-proofing Sun's flagship OS.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1346,00.html

SUBMIT A TIP - WIN AN MP3 PLAYER!
Become a Solaris Hero by submitting your tip (as many as you want)
today and you could win a Sony MP3 Player!  For more details go to:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsContest/0,289488,sid12_prz548732_cts548729,00.html

*Plus we are giving away hats to the first 50 people whose tips are
accepted.

Benefit from our online postings of Solaris tips in our "Expert
Technical Advice" section of searchSolaris.com in the lower left area
of the home page http://www.searchSolaris.com. This is your chance to
take advantage of valuable Solaris info from the trenches - expert
tips, tricks and shortcuts submitted by your peers (and you!). Check
out all the key tips that have already been posted:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tips/0,289484,sid12_tax1612,00.html

LEARNING ZONE BOOK OF THE WEEK
*Sun Cluster Environment Sun Cluster 2.2, 1/e
Direct from Sun's Enterprise Engineering Group, this book delivers a
complete framework and best practices procedures for implementing Sun
Clusters. From the fundamentals of constructing and configuring
clusters, through administration, high availability database
deployment, and custom application development, the book provides
authoritative, modular coverage for every Solaris enterprise
architect, administrator, and developer.
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?sku=0130418706&dept%5Fid=228&ac%5Fid=68&accountnumber=&couponnumber=

BUYER'S GUIDE
Research and buy products from some of the leading vendors in the
Solaris industry, in TechTarget.com's Buyer's Guide.  Visit
StorageNetworks and check out their Virtual Storage Portal Software,
enabling Storage Service Management From Your Web Browser.  Virtual
Storage Portal (VSP) software, enables you to closely analyze and
monitor your storage assets through an intuitive, complete GUI
available on your web browser.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/buyersGuideVendorPage/0,289745,sid12_cid739,00.html

JOB OF THE WEEK
Company: Candle Corporation, Santa Monica, CA
Position: Principal Consultant

Click on link below to check out this opportunity as well as the many
additional opportunities returned by this search.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/flipdogFrame/0,289215,sid12,00.html?text=&loc=world_US&srch=Application+and+Architect+and+%28Solaris+or+Sun+or+Unix%29&job=1

And remember to submit your resume and JobHunter agents to
auto-notify you regarding opportunities you seek.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/careers/0,289753,sid12,00.html

FEATURED DESTINATION - searchWebManagement.com
Are you concerned with load balancing, traffic monitoring, and
capacity management for your corporate Web site? Is web hosting a
service you manage or are considering using? If you answered yes to
any of these questions, be sure to check out searchWebManagement.com
today. From Web Management links for those seeking caching
information to Web development tools, thousands of IT professionals
who build and maintain corporate Web sites turn to
SearchWebManagement.com as their one-stop source for everything
related to managing Web technology. Log in to SearchWebManagement.com
today at http://www.searchwebmanagement.com with the same member ID
and password you have for searchSolaris.com.

MEMBER FEEDBACK
What do you think of the site? Are there issues or problems that you
want to see covered on the site? Email your thoughts and comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks everyone for all the support!
SearchSolaris.com is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of SearchSolaris.com and update
as you like.

To Remove your email address from the distribution list for this
specific newsletter "Reply" to this message with REMOVE in the
subject line. You will receive an email confirming that you have been
removed. To Remove yourself from additional distribution lists or to
update your preferences, go to the searchSolaris.com registration
page at:
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register