May 14, 2001

Dear searchSolaris.com Member,

Here are this week's highlights of upcoming news and events:

* Site Exclusive
* New Administrator Tips
* Ask the Solaris Experts
* Best Solaris Web Links - Administration/management
* New Poll - Help Us - Help You!
* Win a Sony MP3 player!
* Learning Zone Book of the Week
* SearchSolaris Buyer's Guide
* Featured Destination - searchHP.com

SITE EXCLUSIVE
*New ChiliSoft release supports Solaris 8
Funny the difference an exclamation point can make!! Sun's ChiliSoft
ASP software is now a Solaris 8-friendly piece of technology.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci551245,00.html

NEW ADMINISTRATOR TIPS!!
*Increase Filesystem size
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci551683,00.html

*How to improve NIS security & fault tolerant...
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci551657,00.html

To see all of our Admin Tips click here:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid12_tax281849,00.html

ASK THE SOLARIS EXPERTS
Sit Back and Relax - Let our experts handle your toughest challenges!
SearchSolaris's Ask the Experts is the place to get your technical
and implementation questions answered by some of the leading
authorities in the Solaris field. Our experts have been chosen by our
editorial team for their knowledge of specific technology areas.
Click below and submit a question today!
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateExperts/0,289622,sid12,00.html

Check out all the "Simply Solaris" questions John Philcox has
answered so far:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateAnswers/0,289620,sid12_tax286949,00.html

Who is John Philcox?
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateExpertBio/0,289623,sid12_cid388753,00.html

BEST SOLARIS WEB LINKS - Administration/management
This is our one-stop resource for system administrators. Are you
having a quirky problem with Solaris? If so, we recommend checking
out our extensive FAQs category first.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1345,00.html

NEW SURVEY: HELP US - HELP YOU!
Don't miss out on this opportunity to be part of an extensive survey
being conducted by searchSolaris and a handful of other
techtarget.com sites. Here's your chance to weigh in on what platform
or platforms your company uses to run mission-critical applications.
The survey should take you no more than 10 minutes to complete, and
for your participation you will receive comprehensive study results
prior to their release to the general public. These results will be
available to you FOR FREE.
http://www.insightexpress.com/ix/showSurvey.asp?id=26642&accessCode=5477574934&noemail=true

SUBMIT A TIP - WIN AN MP3 PLAYER!
Become a Solaris Hero by submitting your tip (as many as you want)
today and you could win a Sony MP3 Player!  For more details go to:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsContest/0,289488,sid12_prz548732_cts548729,00.html

*Plus we are giving away hats to the first 50 people whose tips are
accepted.

Benefit from our online postings of Solaris tips in our "Expert
Technical Advice" section of searchSolaris.com in the lower left area
of the home page http://www.searchSolaris.com. This is your chance to
take advantage of valuable Solaris info from the trenches - expert
tips, tricks and shortcuts submitted by your peers (and you!). Check
out all the key tips that have already been posted:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tips/0,289484,sid12_tax1612,00.html

LEARNING ZONE BOOK OF THE WEEK
*Solaris 8 System Administrator's Reference, 1/e
This book gives every Solaris user fast access to all the information
they need to get results quickly.
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?sku=0130277010&dept%5Fid=242&ac%5Fid=68&accountnumber=&couponnumber=

BUYER'S GUIDE
Research and buy products from some of the leading vendors in the
Solaris industry, in TechTarget.com's New Buyer's Guide.  Visit
Verio, a provider of Internet Solutions for growing businesses, large
and small. Verio Virtual Private Server (VPS) is a breakthrough Web
hosting platform that looks and performs much like a dedicated
server, with a price tag comparable to many shared server solutions.
Verio VPS is a one-of-a-kind Web hosting product that's ideal for
businesses with big needs, small budgets, and limited internal IT
resources.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/buyersGuideVendorPage/0,289745,sid12_cid371187,00.html

FEATURED DESTINATION - searchHP.com
If you haven't visited SearchHP lately, you should check it out.
Here's why: We've rededicated ourselves to finding the best technical
information for IT pros that run Unix. Dig in to the aggregated
resources in these Best Web Links categories:
* HP-UX Application Tools & Development
* HP-UX Systems Administration
* Interoperability
* Patches, Updates &Downloads
* Plus nine others! Visit and register today:
http://www.SearchHP.com

MEMBER FEEDBACK
What do you think of the site? Are there issues or problems that you
want to see covered on the site? Email your thoughts and comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks everyone for all the support!
SearchSolaris.com is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of SearchSolaris.com and update
as you like.

To Remove your email address from the distribution list for this
specific newsletter "Reply" to this message with REMOVE in the
subject line. You will receive an email confirming that you have been
removed. To Remove yourself from additional distribution lists or to
update your preferences, go to the searchSolaris.com registration
page at:
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register