June 18, 2001

Dear searchSolaris.com Member,

Here are this week's highlights of upcoming news and events:

* New Homepage Design
* Special Event Coverage - JavaOne
* Learning Zone Book of the Week
* Best Solaris Web Links
* Solaris Security Tip
* Storage Decisions
* Discussion Forums
* Win a Secret Agent Man Watch!
* Featured Destination- searchHP.com

FIND WHAT YOU NEED ON OUR NEW HOMEPAGE
We just launched our new home page to help you easily identify and
retrieve the specific info you want - fast! Check out the exciting
new look and feel now at http://www.searchsolaris.com

All the same great content, time-saving features and expert advice
you've come to expect from us are still here, but we've enhanced the
home-page design to put all of the latest - and very best - info on
searchSolaris at your fingertips each time that you visit. For a
quick look at what's new and to find your favorite resources, check
out our New Homepage quick reference.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/aboutHomepage/0,290275,sid12,00.html

***SPECIAL JAVAONE COVERAGE***
Didn't make it to San Francisco?  Well, here's the next best thing!
Take advantage of our Exclusive coverage of JavaOne. Click below to
get the latest news and products announcements:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/specialEvents/1,289653,sid12_gci556878,00.html

Here are the latest exclusive articles from JavaOne:
*Sun's Solaris executives look into the future
Solaris executives looked into the future in an interview at JavaOne.
What they saw was that the Web Based Enterprise Management protocol
will mean system administrators will only have to maintain one set of
agents on their target machines. As for the upcoming Solaris 8
update, it will give system administrators better hooks into the
operating system to leverage their efforts better, they said.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid12_gci558496,00.html

*Tech giants promote use of WBEM standards
A number of open source projects and a group of nine companies
including Sun Microsystems, HP and IBM have formed an alliance to
promote the use of a set of open system management standards known as
Web-Based Enterprise Management. The alliance was announced at the
JavaOne show.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci558535,00.html

*Java: Our cup runneth over
San Francisco's Golden Gate has become more like a floodgate, with
Java developers by the thousands spilling into town for JavaOne. Many
of these folks are just trying to keep up with a technology that
changes faster than Starbuck's can open a new store. So many
products, so much change, so little time -- Java's jolt can be
overwhelming.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci558515,00.html

--Did you attend JavaOne and you want to get something off your
chest? Go to our Java Developers' Forum and strike up a conversation
with your peers:
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee8445a

LEARNING ZONE BOOK OF THE WEEK
*Solaris System Management
Solaris System Management provides the system manager with the
information they need to make the critical, higher level,
"architectural" decisions such as large project rollouts and their
impact.
http://www.digitalguru.com/dgstore/product.asp?sku=073571018X&dept%5Fid=228&ac%5Fid=68&accountnumber=&couponnumber=

BEST SOLARIS WEB LINKS - Administration/management
This is our one-stop resource for system administrators. Are you
having a quirky problem with the Solaris? If so, we recommend
checking out our extensive FAQs category first.
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1345,00.html

NEW SOLARIS SECURITY TIP!
*Role based access control (RBAC)
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci555325,00.html

STORAGE DECISIONS 2001
SearchStorage.com, one of TechTarget's 23 industry-specific IT Web
sites, is excited to announce its exclusive member conference:
STORAGE DECISIONS 2001, taking place September 26-28 at the Hilton
Chicago.

Storage Decisions 2001 is focused exclusively on the needs of IT pros
managing storage in enterprise environments. Featuring top quality
content and speakers, this conference enables you to make critical
decisions that determine the success of your storage implementation.
Top analysts like Gartner Group VP Nick Allen, ESG's Steve Duplessie
and Evaluator Group's Randy Kerns sort through competing claims and
standards. Plus, benefit from hands-on storage management advice of
noted authors and thought leaders like Marc Staimer, Jon William
Toigo, and Marc Farley, as well as case studies from your peers and
much, much more!

**Now here's the really big news**
As a member of SearchSolaris.com, you can qualify to attend Storage
Decisions 2001 FREE of charge! To ensure you attend with a qualified
audience of your peers, we evaluate and qualify potential attendees
based on title, job responsibility, company size, and the amount of
storage they manage. Apply today to see if you qualify to attend this
exclusive event: http://www.storagedecisions.com

NEW DISCUSSION FORUMS!
One more Free service that pays you big dividends as you leverage the
work your fellow members are doing in their own organizations! Post a
question. Throw in your two cents. Your fastest way to get advice and
direction from your peers.

Talk with your peers about Solaris development or administration
issues in the following discussion forums: Solaris 8 Implementation,
Java Developers' Forum, Hardware - From SPARC boxes to Storage
Arrays, and Sound-Off. Go to->
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/

SUBMIT A TIP - WIN A SECRET AGENT MAN WATCH!
Become a Solaris Hero by submitting your tip (as many as you want)
today and you could win a Secret Agent Man Watch! For more details go
to:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsContest/0,289488,sid12_prz548732_cts548729,00.html

*Plus we are giving away hats to the first 50 people whose tips are
accepted.

Benefit from our online postings of Solaris tips in our "Expert
Technical Advice" section of searchSolaris.com in the lower left area
of the home page http://www.searchSolaris.com. This is your chance to
take advantage of valuable Solaris info from the trenches - expert
tips, tricks and shortcuts submitted by your peers (and you!). Check
out all the key tips that have already been posted:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tips/0,289484,sid12_tax1612,00.html

FEATURED DESTINATION: SEARCHHP.COM
Is HP software or hardware part of your enterprise? Then here's 3
reasons you should become a member and bookmark searchHP today:
* Our editors constantly look for technical information for
  you -- including some gems from HP's huge corporate site that you
  may have missed
* Our Discussion Forums are a fresh resource for UNIX and Systems
  Management professionals
* Our Daily News provides an objective view of "The HP Way" - so you
  can make informed decisions that will help your company and career
To become a member, simply log on and update your profile using your
email address and your SearchSolaris.com password:
http://www.searchHP.com

MEMBER FEEDBACK
What do you think of the site? Are there issues or problems that you
want to see covered on the site? Email your thoughts and comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] We look forward to hearing from you.
Thanks everyone for all the support!
SearchSolaris.com is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of SearchSolaris.com and update
as you like.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.