September 4, 2001

Dear searchSolaris Member,

Here are this week's highlights of upcoming news and events:

* Featured Topic - Securing Solaris
* Security Discussion Highlight - Security Forum Day
* Best Web Links - Security
* SearchSolaris exclusive news
* SearchSolaris - Security
* Featured Expert - Mark Thacker
* Featured Site - searchSecurity

FEATURED TOPIC - Securing Solaris
At searchSolaris we've got all the news stories, security tutorials
and expert advice you'll need to ensure a worry free night's sleep.
Sweet Dreams! Click here now for all the Feature Topic news and more!
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid12_gci755010,00.html

SECURITY FORUM DISCUSSION DAY
Solaris Admin and Sun Server users...Join us for a "Security Forum
Day" on Wednesday, September 5th from 11 am to 3 pm (EDT)
<http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee85fd0>

Don't let this be you:  "I think someone hacked my Solaris server. Is
there anyway to verify that my system files (login, telnetd, etc...)
haven't been changed?"

Join in and have your Security questions like this one answered LIVE
by our Solaris Security Expert Mark Thacker! Just think, your own
LIVE help desk, right here on searchSolaris.com. Mark is a Technical
Strategist for Sun Microsystems, where he has worked for four years
in the area of security and software solutions selling and marketing.
Mark has over 10 years of hands-on experience as a system
administrator on multiple platforms and uses that experience to
develop customer-desired solutions in the area of security and
directory technologies.

BEST WEB LINKS - Security
No matter how secure your OS is, hackers have a notorious reputation
for finding new ways to crack into networks regardless of the efforts
of any one company. Here you will find links to Solaris-related
security patches, and news and tips about the latest innovations in
bullet-proofing Sun's flagship OS.
Visit them today at:
<http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,289521,sid12_tax1346,00.html>

SEARCHSOLARIS EXCLUSIVE NEWS
Check out these two new exclusive news stories on securing your
Solaris system:
"Solaris 8 security: Sun executives speak up"
<http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci532190,00.html>

"Putting "The Club" on Solaris 8"
<http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid12_gci344464,00.html>

SEARCHSOLARIS TIPS - Security
WOW! Look at all of these tips on how to make your Solaris networks
more secure. They're located at
<http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tipsIndex/0,289482,sid12_tax286832,00.html>
Do you have a timesaving shortcut, trick, or hint? If you'd like to
share your expertise with other Solaris pros, submit your tip to the
editors of searchSolaris.com!

FEATURED EXPERT- Mark Thacker
Let site expert Mark Thacker, technical strategist for Sun
Microsystems, help you with your toughest challenges.  Mark has over
10 years of hands-on experience as a system administrator on multiple
platforms and uses that experience to develop customer-desired
solutions in the area of security and directory technologies.  If you
are looking for answers to your toughest Solaris security questions,
he can deliver.  Don't miss out on this fantastic resource.  Submit a
question today at:
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/ateQuestion/0,289624,sid12_tax286950,00.html

SECURITY PRODUCT REVIEWS: CONCISE, INFORMATIVE & TIMESAVING
Imagine only 5 minutes a month and you gain:
* Explanation of important security product categories
* Summary of the leading vendors & tools in those categories
* Insights on the performance of the top security products
* Insights into shortcomings and needed improvements
* Key trends in the security products market
Get it all once a month with "Scheier's Security Products Roundup"
Exclusively for search Security members. Sign up now:
http://www.searchsecurity.com/register

SearchSolaris.com Member Feedback-
What do you think of the site? Are there issues or problems that you
want to see covered on the site? Email your thoughts and comments to
[EMAIL PROTECTED] We look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks everyone for all the support!
SearchSolaris.com is a TechTarget.com community site. To become a
member of any or all of our search engine sites, just click on the
"Edit Your Profile" link at the top of SearchSolaris.com and update
as you like.

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.