Still haven't gotten a quote on a new unused or reconditioned Sun
workstation or server from Radiant Resources? It's time to stop
compromising on your short-term technology needs because of budget
reductions. As a discount broker of Sun equipment, we can offer you
significant savings on systems, storage arrays, memory, disk and
other components. You get the equipment you need configured, tested,
and delivered...on time and at budget. Sound too good to be true?
Give us a call at 800-500-7675 or visit us at
http://www.radiantresources.com and see what your colleagues have
been taking advantage of for years.
=======================================

LEAD STORY

"Unix/Linux vendor Caldera restructuring to cut costs"
Caldera International, a Unix and Linux software vendor, will lay off
51 employees as it attempts to stay in business. The company is also
consolidating facilities and reducing product lines.

SOURCE: Computerworld
http://www.computerworld.com/storyba/0,4125,NAV47_STO63997,00.html

Read more at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/onlineEventsTranscript/0,289691,sid12_gci509058,00.html.

OTHER SOLARIS AND INDUSTRY NEWS
[1] "Sun ships new version of Forte Java development environment"
[2] "Nimda moving fast, puts brakes on Net"

[1] "Sun ships new version of Forte Java development environment"
Sun's new version of its Forte for Java IDE is out the door. Forte
for Java 3.0, is made to make developing Web services within J2EE a
little easier. The product supports Oracle's J2EE-based app servers
and sports a module that lets developers bind Java and XML code
automatically through wizards.

SOURCE: CRN
http://www.crn.com/sections/BreakingNews/breakingnews.asp?ArticleID=29890

[2] "Nimda moving fast, puts brakes on Net"
The Nimda worm is the first to infect e-mail clients and network
servers, giving it the potential to spread faster than Code Red or
any of its variants. Nimda is generating loads of bad traffic,
hindering Internet performance worldwide. SearchSecurity gets an
inside look at the worm from TruSecure Surgeon General Russ Cooper.

SOURCE: searchSecurity
http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid14_gci770749,00.html

TAKE OUR NEW POLL!!

What do you think Hewlett-Packard's acquisition of Compaq will mean
to you, the customer? Tell us what you think at
http://www.searchSolaris.com/poll.

This week's searchSolaris Featured Topic is "The UltraSPARC III" Get
your fill of UltraSPARC III info at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/featuredTopic/0,290042,sid12_gci759152,00.html.

Discuss the UltraSPARC III chip and other pieces of Sun hardware at
http://searchsolaris.discussions.techtarget.com/WebX?50@@.ee8445b.

======================================
SEARCHSOLARIS.COM WEB LINK OF THE DAY
======================================

"Protecting the NIS Maps Directory"
Solaris admin Gunther Vanaken offers scripts and tips for protecting
NIS.

SOURCE: Gunther Vanaken
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/tip/1,289483,sid12_gci756728,00.html?dgExplicitTieredReg=&dgImplicitTieredReg=%3EttTaxonomy%3EsearchSolaris%3EEmail%3ETips&dgOptInTieredReg=true&dgTieredRegLocation=Tips&FromTaxonomy=%2Fpr%2F286832

See all of our hand-picked BEST WEB LINKS at
http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/bestWebLinks/0,,sid12,00.html.

================
THE MISSING LINK
A look at an off-the-wall story from the Web...
================

"Did Nostradamus predict attacks?"
It's a hoax spreading faster than a worm looking for an inbox. Some
e-mails claim the 16th century French forecaster Nostradamus saw the
terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center coming. One quoted text
making the rounds only roughly relates to Nostradamus' prophecies.
Another quoted text, which seems curiously detailed ("in the city of
York there will be a great collapse, two twin brothers torn apart by
chaos"), is just plain bogus and never came from Nostradamus' mind or
his pen, according to www.nostradamus-repository.org. Remember this
before you forward any fake forecasts from the Frenchman to your
friends.

SOURCE: Reuters
http://www.msnbc.com/news/628417.asp

==========================
FREE STORAGE CONFERENCE!!
==========================

**Storage Decisions 2001**

If you're going to spend $5 million+ on storage hardware and software
next year, don't miss a must-attend FREE conference developed just
for you. Attend Storage Decisions 2001 in Chicago September 26-28.
Learn to set strategy/make the smartest decisions to most effectively
manage your storage initiatives for 2002. Pre-qualified audience of
your peers and NO vendor sales pitches. Visit:
http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;3179218;5058249;p?http://www.StorageDecisions2001.com.

System administrators know how important it is to stay informed in
the highly competitive IT marketplace. That's why every other week we
send out our popular Solaris system administrator tips. Getting to
know all the intricacies of Solaris is a never-ending process, and
our administrator tips are a convenient way to learn something new
about the OS that you might have overlooked in the past. Don't wait
to start receiving these timesaving tips. To edit your profile today,
go to http://searchsolaris.techtarget.com/register/1,,sid12,00.html.

SOUND OFF! WE WELCOME YOUR FEEDBACK - We're looking for your feedback
and suggestions as to how we can improve the site. If you have any
comments or suggestions please send an e-mail to Assistant Editor
Mark Brunelli at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]. We look forward to
improving your searchSolaris experience!

If you would like to sponsor this or any TechTarget newsletter,
please contact Gabrielle DeRussy at mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED].

If you no longer wish to receive this newsletter simply reply to
this message with "REMOVE" in the subject line.  Or, visit
http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
and adjust your subscriptions accordingly.

If you choose to unsubscribe using our automated processing, you
must send the "REMOVE" request from the email account to which
this newsletter was delivered.  Please allow 24 hours for your
"REMOVE" request to be processed.