Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchSolarisThis Week
July 15, 2002 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor: More Solaris tips for you
>> Featured Topic: More Solaris tips and tricks
>> Expert Technical Advice: Featured Expert: John Philcox
>> Site Highlights:
* Live Webcast: Web Services Architecture
* Take the SearchSolaris Survey
* 50% Off Unix Training

 From the Editor:

by Mark Brunelli, Assistant Editor

Hi everyone,

At SearchSolaris we understand how system administration tips and tricks can combine to increase productivity, or at least give you more time to play games like Quake 3 or UT 2.

That's why this week SearchSolaris is once again highlighting our entire library of tips and tricks designed to make Solaris management an easier process. Tune into our featured topic this week for a big helping of Solaris tips. Also, be sure to check out our administrator tips section for the complete archive of user-submitted advice.

Remember, if you have a tip or command for Solaris managers, you can always submit it to us by clicking here. Each month the person who submits the highest rated tip gets a very cool prize compliments of SearchSolaris.

That's all for now folks. See you online,

Mark Brunelli
Assistant Editor,

 Featured Topic:

More Solaris tips and tricks
by Mark Brunelli, Assistant Editor
We've got so many Solaris tips to share that we've decided to post our Solaris Tips and Tricks featured topic for a second week in a row. These short, quick and easy-to-read tips are sure to make your life at work easier.

Read more about this topic

 Expert Technical Advice:

Featured Expert John Philcox, Owner and director, Mobile Ventures Limited

Category:Simply Solaris
Speaking of handy Solaris tips, our resident Solaris expert, John Philcox, is available every day to answer your questions and provide tips, guidance and advice.

To ask Philcox a question, CLICK HERE

View all John's answers

This Week: In the forums
>> Ask The Experts: Finding the "pesky" process hogging Unix utilities

How do I easily find the pesky process using iostat, vmstat or another easily utilized Unix utility?

For a complete answer to this question, CLICK HERE:

To pose your own question to one of our experts, or to read some of their answers to previous questions, CLICK HERE:

Tip of the Week:
When you can't remember a command, but you can remember something it needs to do use apropos, and the chart included here.
>> Solaris Administrator Tip: An apropos tip

 Site Highlights

Web Services Architecture Webcast
Are you sure that you're taking full advantage of Web services?
Join us July 18 at 10:00 a.m. to better understand Web services and learn how to connect with customers, partners and suppliers.

Take the SearchSolaris Survey
How satisfied are you with Sun's recent initiatives?
Have your voice heard on the most critical issues affecting Solaris professionals. We?ll report the aggregate results!
50% Off Training
UNIX Editing, Printing and Text Formatting course for $49
This course presents the basics of editing, printing and formatting UNIX text files. Topics include Using the vi editor, exiting and calling the vi editor, global editing commands, displaying and printing, introduction to nroff, introduction to macros, writing and revising nroff instructions

Domino vs. Exchange
Join us July 24 at 1:00 PM EDT for this live informational webcast on the business and political issues surrounding Domino and Notes in a Microsoft world.
Pre-Register

.NET Info Center
Get access to the latest .NET news, tips and advice from .NET expert Dave Ranck. Visit the .NET Info Center and stay informed.
Subscribe today

Webcast Reminder
Login to your account and select "Updates on upcoming online events" under the SearchSolaris header to receive email reminders of upcoming online events.
Login Here

A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
Created by TechTarget
TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
Copyright 2002, All Rights Reserved.

To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

>> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
-OR-
>> Go to: http://searchSolaris.techtarget.com/register
   - Log in to edit your profile.
   - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
   - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
   - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".