It's not a virus, but I do think there is traffic here that must not
conform to *some* RFC out there. Here's some more information. We have:

-Connect to hotmail SMTP server, port 25, from our server's highPort# to
deliver a message
-Various session data to and from 25 and highPort#, just as all of you
said it would

Then what I think may be the last packet of a session, having the ACK
and FIN set returns from a different IP address to our server. It
contains "Response: 221 Service closing transmission channel" and does
not get through our firewall's state tables since the address is not the
same as the origional.

Has anybody seen this before? I really want to block this, but when I do
I see mail delivery failures (at least for a while until the MTA tries
another hotmail server).

Thanks for reading this-
Matt