If you're just looking for secure transmission,
shouldn't SSH be a decent solution for your ftp needs?
 I know nothing about Windows SSH servers, other that
the fact that they exist.

Also, I have been told that encrypted Zip files are
barely worth calling "encrypted."  Apparently the
encryption is very, very easy to break.  I'm no
cryptologist, though, so I can't confirm this with
first hand experience.

Please let us know what you decide to go with and how
it all turns out.  You're neither the first nor the
last to have to make these decisions.

Kevin