I am evaluating the following VPN solution and have encountered a problem:
Once the Secure Remote client is authenticated on a Nokia Firewall-1, the
remote workstation/laptop fails to communicate with the Corporate LAN (no
internal server access, no pings of ip addresses, etc).

Configuration info of clients:
Win 2k w/ latest service pack and patches.
Laptop are Toshiba Tecra 8000
Checkpoint VPN-1 Secure Client v 4.1 SP-3 3DES build 4176 using IKE
Netgear RP-314 (NAT)
Verizon DSL with PPoE

IP statically assigned on remote users LAN. DNS specified as Verizon DNS ip.
Nokia firewall logs show authentication (of user 's Verizon assigned DHCP
WAN IP ) and key exchange but, nothing else.

Questions:

1) Has anyone been successful with a similar setup?
2) Has anyone been successful running VPN via Verizon DSL?
3) Has anyone been successful running VPN via Verizon DSL without NATting
behind a SOHO router ?

TIA.

~S~

"We have it in our power to begin the world anew...America shall make a
stand, not for herself alone, but for the world," from Common Sense,
published January 1776 , by Thomas Paine.

"Any comments or statements made are not necessarily those of the firm, its
subsidiaries or affiliates"